Wave 4, anyone?

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#41 VanorDM

VanorDM

• Members
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

The z-95s coming in at just 12 points for ps2 with the missle slot lookout rebel swarm

Yeah going to be very tempting to get 8 of them...

#42 Audio Weasel

Audio Weasel

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

This wave will probably fill the pluck tray I have in my bag.  I'll need a second bag at wave 5

Current Fleet:

Rebel: 4 A-Wings, 4 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290's, 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wing, 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 4 E-Wing, 5 Z-95 

Imperial:  3 Lambda Shuttles,  2 Firespray-31's, 3 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Bombers, 6 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Interceptors,   2 Imperials Aces, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 TIE Defender

On Pre-order:2 Z-95, 2 Rebel Aces, 2 YT-2400, 2 Decimator

#43 CrookedWookie

CrookedWookie

• Members
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

I think it's kind of cool the Imps are getting two powerful but expensive high end fighters, the Rebels are getting one super high end fighter and one cheap swarmy ship.  Should do interesting things to the meta, seeing how the other half lives.

• Johdo likes this

#44 Stelar 7

Stelar 7

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

This announcement just annoys me. FFG have not got the Aces, Transport or Tantive IV on the shelves yet. Honour outstanding commitments before making new ones! FFS.

How have they dishonored a commitment? I'm psyched I was meh about the big ships but I would like some of these Wave 4 toys.... Going to need another plano.

• dojimaster, executor and Drakhan Valane like this
Rebel scum: 5 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 2 Hawks, 1Falcon, 2 E-Wings, 4 Z-95 1 Transport.

Imperial cannon fodder: 2 Phantoms, 2 Defenders, 7 Tie Fighters, 7 Interceptors, 3 Bombers, 2 Lambdas, 3 Firesprays, 1 Vader, er Tie Advanced

#45 VanorDM

VanorDM

• Members
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

Also the droid with the E-Wing is pretty killer.

Hmmm it seems that the droid lets a ship that doesn't have boost, preform a boost action. The E-Wing has barrel roll and evade, but no boost icon.

That means you could put R7-T1 on Wedge...  :blink:

I'm very excited about this, loved the E-Wing mod back in XvT.  Wave 4 seems like it will really shake things up.  Viable 3 ship Imperial lists, and real rebel swarms.

#46 jedi moose

jedi moose

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

Yep, but only 4/2/2/2, so it's fairly easy to take out fast.

That depends on what the cloak does... I'm guessing maybe some sort of supped up stealth device. Perhaps one canceled by TL?

Well it looks like an action so I'm guessing  it does the same thing as the upgrade card (roll an extra defense die) but  it cost your action and can still be used the next round if you are hit by taking it a an action again. So you don't have to lose it permanently if you take damage

#47 VanorDM

VanorDM

• Members
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

Well it looks like an action so I'm guessing...

Yeah I'm looking at it again and it looks like there's a icon on the TP base that matches up with the I'm assuming cloak token.

#48 PenguinBonaparte

PenguinBonaparte

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

This looks cool and I know it'll be fun, but I was really really really hoping for an assault gunboat..... The defender looks fun and I'm hoping that's a new Marek card in there. Probably that and the E-wing will be most useful for those higher point epic modes. So with all those upgrades hopefully that means they're really working on filling that out and making those bigger battles more than just a higher point value.

The other thing that bugs me is that the roles of the Z-95 and E-wing mean that there's little chance of them doing anything to fix the A-wing as with the Imperial Aces pack.

#49 VanorDM

VanorDM

• Members
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

Here's something else...

The Z95, Defender and Phantom all come with the same rule card that I can't read the name of... Looks like it starts with a M...

The E-Wing doesn't.

#50 Swedge

Swedge

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

along with a couple of transports, Imperial aces, and the Blockade runner, my play money is spent for the year!!!  along with a new shield bag that i will need, but on the plus side i can now have one bag just for imperials and one for the rebels!   

• Audio Weasel likes this

anybody in the Sumter S.C. area???

#51 UnfairBanana

UnfairBanana

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

Is that a Munitions Failure modification?

Rebels: 4 X-Wings, 2 Y- Wings, 2 A-Wings, 2 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75 Space whale, 1 CR-90 Corvette

Empire: 5 TIE/LN, 4 TIE Interceptors(1 Guard, 2 Saber, 1 Standard), 2 TIE Bombers, 1 TIE Advanced, 1 Firespray, 1 Lambda

#52 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

Maybe a ship with the Cloak token on it cannot be targeted but can't attack?

#53 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

Here's something else...

The Z95, Defender and Phantom all come with the same rule card that I can't read the name of... Looks like it starts with a M...

The E-Wing doesn't.

Modifications, I think.

• jasonkw likes this

#54 Joker Two

Joker Two

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

The other thing that bugs me is that the roles of the Z-95 and E-wing mean that there's little chance of them doing anything to fix the A-wing as with the Imperial Aces pack.

A-Wing with Ion Pulse Missile anyone?  And they were pretty clear that the Aces and Capital Ships are separate from the standard waves.

Here's something else...

The E-Wing doesn't.

Looks like "Munitions Failsafe"?  Not sure exactly what it'd do, maybe give re-rolls or reusability to missiles.

#55 Danthrax

Danthrax

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

It looks like the TIE Defender has a green 5 ahead on its dial. I wonder if that's the "maneuver we've never seen on a dial before."

#56 CrookedWookie

CrookedWookie

• Members
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

It looks like the TIE Defender has a green 5 ahead on its dial. I wonder if that's the "maneuver we've never seen on a dial before."

Nope, A-Wing has that.

• DraconPyrothayan likes this

#57 IvlerIin

IvlerIin

• Members
  • 349 posts

the Generic R7-astromech looks interesting...

"Once per (Round?)..."

"Defending if you..."

"Target Lock..."

"[words i cannot make out]"

----

I wonder what the "Munitions Fuselage" Modification does...

I would guess reusable ordinance price is hidden i would guess 4-6pts?

It's read as "Merlin"... and yes, like Ivlagic...

#58 VanorDM

VanorDM

• Members
  • 2,789 posts

Is that a Munitions Failure modification?

Possible... But it doesn't look like the Phantom can carry missiles or torps.

#59 DB Draft

DB Draft

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

It looks like there is a Cloak and Decloak reference card.  The ship gets a cloaking token.  It would make sense that you could not attack or be attacked while cloaked.  Maybe even losing a Target Lock?

The M card looks like Modification.  The other looks like Munitions Fail safe?

The other card says something about stygium xxxxxx acceleration?

Edited by DB Draft, 07 February 2014 - 03:40 PM.

Nerfherder in Training

#60 VanorDM

VanorDM

• Members
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

The M card looks like Modification.  The other looks like Munitions Fail safe?

Unless the cloak is considered munitions of some sort, then the Tie Phantom doesn't get any. But why include a Modification card in at this point? Also why wouldn't the E-Wing get one?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS