Photo

Weekly challenge: Passage through Mirkwood (solo)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dwarf king Bronze beard

Dwarf king Bronze beard

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

Welcome to weekly challenge!

In here players can compare their points with one another and top 10 will be rewarded with Weekly Champions title. 

Rules are simple: DO NOT CHEAT, because then the whole idea of the fair game is gone.

Other rule is that all those new rules from some cards like Erebor battle master is rejected, so play just like those cards says  :)

So here is the Weekly Challenge:

passage through Mirkwood

Setup

Build deck with only 40 cards

One of the heroes must belong to lore sphere.

Then prepare Passage trough Mirkwood deck.

When you start the game add two forest spiders instead of one and then replace Old forest road with Forest gate.

Goals

Game must be completed with 8 or less turns.

Bonus

If player has won the game he/she adds 1 extra victory point of each spider enemy killed during a guest (put those killed spider enemies to their own discard pile)

So that is the first challenge, i hope you all nice game moments and i try to remember to do these every Friday as long you guys play these. Nice weekend to everybody  :)

#2 Dwarf king Bronze beard

Dwarf king Bronze beard

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

You can put your points and other notes from your guest (like heroes and what card came in a third guest card) in here and winners will be published in Friday. 

#3 Dwarf king Bronze beard

Dwarf king Bronze beard

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

Ok this place is dead...

#4 Dwarf king Bronze beard

Dwarf king Bronze beard

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

Come on is here anybody

Edited by Dwarf king Bronze beard, 08 February 2014 - 10:42 AM.

#5 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:15 PM

I appreciate what you're doing, but a few things keep me from doing it. I never make 40 card decks, I dislike altering quests for a challenge (I would rather just play Nightmare mode), and having to select one lore hero is a bit of an annoyance.

I don't mind restricting power cards for a challenge, or being given a specific deck archetype to work with like elves, Gondor etc., but I like the quests the way they are and I like to make tournament legal decks.

You still might get some players who offer you some results, they do have until Friday.
Good luck and keep at it, friendly competition could be a good thing for this game, even though the vast majority of players seem opposed to it, I don't mind it at all.
  • Dwarf king Bronze beard likes this
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#6 Dwarf king Bronze beard

Dwarf king Bronze beard

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:56 AM

Thanks next time i dont make any deck restrictions  :)

#7 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

Post the next challenge in the main forum section and it will get more views.  I'm sure people will play if

1. You pick somewhat challenging/popular quests (PTM is not one of them)

2. Let people use 50 card decks and any hero.  

3. The goal and bonus thing is a good idea.

I'll bet you'll get at least 2-3 people.  Maybe many more, if you follow those points.  

Good Luck

• Dwarf king Bronze beard likes this

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#8 Dwarf king Bronze beard

Dwarf king Bronze beard

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:25 AM

Ok and thanks :)

I try to do one more challenge and if it doesnt get much players i will stop to do these

#9 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:12 AM

I'd almost recommend making this a weekly or bi-weekly article on cardgamedb.com You could detail the challenge post your deck and score, and everyone could leave their results in the comments. It would be get a lot of exposure!

#10 iGaveHimLife

iGaveHimLife

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:12 AM

also make them as full decks, not 40. No one wants to spend time on a 40 card deck. Just do not be so crazy with your restrictions.

#11 Feanorthespirit

Feanorthespirit

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

I thoughly enjoyed this solo adventure KUDOS to the author.  I hope you keep it up as I'll check in often.  I do agree however we need a larger player deck!

Mark

#12 Dwarf king Bronze beard

Dwarf king Bronze beard

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

Really?

Thanks to you but i havent do these after this try, but maybe i could try one more time, only that i have few problems: i just dont remember/cant do these in every friday and other problem is that i will run out of guests.I have core khazad dum and mirkwood cycle guests, but thats just too few. (sorry if i writed little bit unclearly)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS