And So It Begins, Errr, Continues

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mogloth

Mogloth

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Having bought Return to Mirkwood last week, I just now put in an order for the first 5 packs of the Mirkwood cycle.

And so continues my long perilous journey in the LOTR:LCG game. 

Couldn't be happier.

• Catastrophic09, Olorin93, KennedyHawk and 1 other like this

I believe Socrates said it best when he said, "I drank what?".

#2 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

Return to Mirkwood is a hard one for new solo players.. but you can get near 100% win ratio on it.. it is a good example of how clever play and deck building can triumph, good luck.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#3 Chris51261

Chris51261

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

And your first introduction to King Dain! Get to know him well, you'll be spending a lot of time together! Lol.
  • Raven1015, danpoage and iznax like this

#4 Mogloth

Mogloth

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

Well, I finally managed to squeeze in a game of LOTR yesterday. I played Hunt for Gollum. My first non core set adventure. 

I did win on the first try. It took 11 full rounds.

I felt like I was treading water until I finally drew Celebrian's Stone and put it on Aragorn. After that, all the resources he had piled up from being Steward of Gondor poured into Spirit cards.

I ran into a situation that I don't recall happening before. I constantly quested with Thain.Since he puts a damage token on any creature that pops from the encounter deck. When Eastern Crows pops up, does the Surge keyword take effect before they receive the damage token from Thain? I played it as though it does.

And am I reading this correctly? That you only need one clue in order to in the game? I had 2; One for each deck. So, I knew I was covered there. 

#5 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

The official ruling is that Thalin kills the crows before they can surge. It's pretty handy having him around for those 1 point enemies! Nowadays, unfortunately they make those surging things have at least 2 hit points.

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#6 Mogloth

Mogloth

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

Well, it has taken me a lot longer than I had originally thought. But, I finally managed to beat Conflict at the Carrock yesterday. 

12 turns. I ended up with all 4 trolls engaging my tactics/leadership deck at once. Which was manageable since my spirit/lore deck had the resources to pull off 2 forest snares. And add to that Grimbeorn and Legolas to go with a Dunedain Marked Dwarven Axed, Unexpected Couraged Citadel Plated Gimli. With 4 damage on him. We call that a beatdown.

The last couple of times I had played this quest I kept getting closer and closer. The first few times I didn't even make it to stage 2 before I had 50 threat. Kept getting roflstomped. 

Now, it's on to Rhosgobel and saving Wilyador. 

• Catastrophic09, Olorin93 and ZanzibarLand like this

#7 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

Well, it has taken me a lot longer than I had originally thought. But, I finally managed to beat Conflict at the Carrock yesterday. 

12 turns. I ended up with all 4 trolls engaging my tactics/leadership deck at once. Which was manageable since my spirit/lore deck had the resources to pull off 2 forest snares. And add to that Grimbeorn and Legolas to go with a Dunedain Marked Dwarven Axed, Unexpected Couraged Citadel Plated Gimli. With 4 damage on him. We call that a beatdown.

The last couple of times I had played this quest I kept getting closer and closer. The first few times I didn't even make it to stage 2 before I had 50 threat. Kept getting roflstomped. 

Now, it's on to Rhosgobel and saving Wilyador.

Nice job, Carrock is very satisfying to beat. Welcome to the game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS