• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Karlson

Karlson

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to make a quick topic asking for your support on my newly (well three or four month old by now) created LotR LCG blog, Down the Anduin.  I just made a Facebook page for it and would really appreciate it if you gave it a like.  This community is one of the best I've seen anywhere on the internet for any... thing, really.  So I'd really like to further that communication and interaction with everyone as I publish ideas and play experience posts.     

This link will take you to my Facebook page and the blog itself can be found in my signature below. 

Thanks for your time!

• danpoage likes this

#2 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

just a thought.. why not contact a existing blog and ask for contributor status?

If all these random bloggers got on the same page it would be a very good site...instead of them all getting abandoned after a year or so.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#3 Karlson

Karlson

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

Well I'm going to try my best not to abandon my blog and with the wealth of new content arriving this year, it will surely help keep up the motivation to create new posts.    

#4 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

Added. Yeah! Good work, go ahead!!!

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#5 Spurries

Spurries

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

Awesome blog. PS not sure what's wrong with your commenting sections but I've tried to post two comments on the nightmare blog but they don't work

#6 klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

There, done.

#7 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

I don't know if you can, but you should really enable an RSS feed.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#8 Karlson

Karlson

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm not sure why the comments are not working for you, Spurries; I checked them and they seem to be alright for me still.  And, I'll be quite honest, since I'm new to blogging I'm not entirely sure what an RSS feed is, but I will look into it.  

#9 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

According to a result from a Google search:

"In Blogger go into your Settings, then choose Site Feed. In the pulldown to the right of Allow Blog Feeds, choose full or short. That's it."

RSS feeds allow other sites to know when you have updated you site with a new post, and also allows them to read your content without actually being on your site. I want it for a feed aggregator, which pulls all the content from all the blogs I follow into one place so I know when there are new articles and can read them without needing to go to each of the sites.

Edited by joezim007, 07 February 2014 - 02:01 PM.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#10 Karlson

Karlson

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

Thanks!  I toggled that setting to select for a full RSS feed of my site.  I'm definitely going to look more into these now because they sound quite handy indeed.  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS