Being a toad and loosing turns

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tuomas85

Tuomas85

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

This is first time it happened to us. My friend was turned into toad, and before his next turn he lost a turn. Does that count  as one turn of being a toad, or does he still have 3 turns left being toad because he lost a turn and therefor it doesnt countas using a turn.

#2 sanityismyvanity

sanityismyvanity

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

I believe that missing a turn would not count as a turn being a Toad. Otherwise, it would likely have been worded to be a Toad for 3 Rounds, instead of 3 Turns.

#3 gnarly1

gnarly1

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

I disagree, you are still a toad and can still be attacked and such.

#4 MisterBean

MisterBean

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

I believe that missing a turn would not count as a turn being a Toad. Otherwise, it would likely have been worded to be a Toad for 3 Rounds, instead of 3 Turns.

Actually, there was a problem with several cards stating "turn" while it should have been "round". Take for example the Swashbuckler. I believe it would be fair to assume being a toad lasts three rounds, not three turns. I did a quick search for toad in the FAQ and there was no mention of this particular issue yet, unfortunately.

#5 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

People will go either way on this and I can see both sides.

The Toad card states "...for three turns". If you are forced to miss a turn then you still have to fulfill the 3 turns obligation. If an FAQ comes out stating it should be rounds instead of turns then fair enough.

Whenever possible, we always play the cards as literally as we can and maybe that's just us but I would say a turn is a turn not a round.

In this instance I don't think it's a big deal which way you go so long as all players understand and agree (hopefully beforehand) then make a note in your House Rules book!  ;)  

Edited by adjogi, 06 February 2014 - 09:33 PM.

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

http://www.njtalisma...onstersandmagic

#6 sanityismyvanity

sanityismyvanity

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

The problem I have with considering it 3 Rounds instead is in cases where you cast Temporal Warp, and during your first turn of the Spell get Toaded. If basing it on Rounds, the next 2 Turns you take wouldn't even count as being a Toad, which I feel is incorrect.

But like adjogi states, whatever everyone at the table agrees to should be how it's played. When I post in this forum, I tend to go by the letter of the rules, but individual groups can do whatever they feel is best for them.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS