• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#281 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

So which crew now sits in with Kath and on the shuttle?

#282 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

mara jade on kath looks like  a nice fit. combine this with rebel captive on the ShuttleBus and u have a nasty Stress Making Machine. :)

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#283 DraconPyrothayan

DraconPyrothayan

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:30 AM

mara jade on kath looks like  a nice fit.

Ah, yes, the "Crazy Redheaded B****es" build

• The_Brown_Bomber and TheGreedyMerchant like this

#284 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:38 PM

And she's back!

With the new crew, the new BR rules, and the PS needs to function RIGHT NOW... how are we going to be kitting out our favorite lil filly and her humongous hoofed heffer of the void?

#285 comawhite

comawhite

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

Witth the changes to big ship barrel roll

Kath VI rebel captive

shuttle FCS Gunner tactician EU

2 ties

when mara jade comes out thinking of something like

Kath predator marajade

shuttle FCS gunner rebel captive

2 ties

I'm finding the EU to be wasted points in my local store, (last 4 games i've used it maybe once)

Edited by comawhite, 28 July 2014 - 06:47 PM.

This is where you brag about how much you've spend on games to boost your ego.

#286 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

I guess EH is only half as bad on the Firespray since it has 2 arc... oh wait... all the other large ships that can take EH has 360 arcs...

I'm going to guess that the change will drive others from EH.

Does PTL get better?  Recon for double focus and Evade or TL doesn't sound half bad again... tanky Firespray for sure.

Crew... crew is going to get real interesting with tactician, Fleet Officer, and MJ all being able to bring something to this list.  There's a few more rolling our way that we don't even know about too...

Then there's Predator.  hmmmm...

And while none of the ordnance right now really jumps out at me I can't help but think something will eventually pop. 

Edited by Rakky Wistol, 28 July 2014 - 09:13 PM.

#287 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

VI+ rebel captive really messes with the phantom(s) + her inate pilot ability (when the firesprays get the "aces" treatment I say they get updated abilities... 2/3 are completely outclassed) and rear arc. You could load a missile or a torp to totally punish.

Now shuttle gets real interesting. Tactician + gunner lays out more stress or tactitican + MJ creates a big range of stress mess. One weird thing is that shooting the rebel captive means you can ignore being within range 1 of the shuttle. That's ok but doubling up on stress isn't really possible without your opponent doing something to himself or just sitting in 2 arcs.

Now can you double cow? Possible before but I'll advised. There are certainly enough crew options to make this a pleasant proposition. And if you're feeling crazy for all out control there is a whole lot of stress generation possible.
  • The_Brown_Bomber and AlexW like this

#288 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:13 PM

VI+ rebel captive really messes with the phantom(s) + her inate pilot ability (when the firesprays get the "aces" treatment I say they get updated abilities... 2/3 are completely outclassed) and rear arc. You could load a missile or a torp to totally punish.

Now shuttle gets real interesting. Tactician + gunner lays out more stress or tactitican + MJ creates a big range of stress mess. One weird thing is that shooting the rebel captive means you can ignore being within range 1 of the shuttle. That's ok but doubling up on stress isn't really possible without your opponent doing something to himself or just sitting in 2 arcs.

Now can you double cow? Possible before but I'll advised. There are certainly enough crew options to make this a pleasant proposition. And if you're feeling crazy for all out control there is a whole lot of stress generation possible.

yeah good observation regarding kath+VI = good vs phantom :) i love tactician. on a buzzsaw its nasty. i even like how bombers can go with flachettes and failsafe for recurring stress if they miss their shot. pretty nifty. right now for imperials id go either name phantom or kath as the backbone of my squad unless i was going with a straight swarm.

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#289 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

im thinking of going with a single gamma squadron pilot over the 2 academy/academy+backstabber support ships.

something like....

Kath + VI (39)

Omicron + FCS + Tactician + Gunner + EU (34)

Gamma + 2x Flachette + MF (23)

comes in at 96pts so some pts to play with. could be EU on Kath perhaps.

if i go with a zoom shuttle...

Omicron + Adv. Sensors + Tactician + Tactician + EU (32)

Kath + VI + Gunner (44)

Gamma + 2x Flachette + MF (23)

100pts

iv got room to switch the gunner to kath and add a 2nd tactician to the shuttle which is pretty nice as well.

im thinking rebel captive on kath could be pretty essential anti-phantom tech tho.

thoughts?

Edited by The_Brown_Bomber, 29 July 2014 - 12:40 PM.

Lord Vader

#290 nurglez

nurglez

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

I love my stressy cow. Adv sensors over fcs and tactician makes it cost 3 points more. But boosting before moving is so awesome. I'll have to try one with a firespray but I'm loving 2 of them at the mo. Which doesn't leave room for a firespray :(

ships owned

Empire : 3 Firesprays, 7 Tie fighters, 1 Tie advanced, 5 Tie interceptors, 3 Tie bombers, 2 Lambdas, 2 Defenders, 2 Phantoms

Rebel scum: 4 X wings, 3 A wings, 2 B wings, 3 Y wing, 1 E wing, 2 Z's, 2 Hwk, 1 Falcon, 1 Transport, 1 Tantive

#291 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

I really struggle with not having that fourth body in there.  I think you can squeeze an academy in with a scimitar bomber+ ord if you try.

#292 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

I really struggle with not having that fourth body in there.  I think you can squeeze an academy in with a scimitar bomber+ ord if you try.

yeah its a personal preference/play style thing. iv had too many academy pilots blasted by Han to trust in them - Falcons are everywhere at the moment. im choosing to go with the durability of a bomber and its ability to pitch in damage at close range and blast away with flachettes versus their weaker targets. my build is a long way from being battle tested but im leaning towards no academy pilots at this stage.

Lord Vader

#293 TheGreedyMerchant

TheGreedyMerchant

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

mara jade on kath looks like  a nice fit.

Ah, yes, the "Crazy Redheaded B****es" build

******* with Ritches? Or to quote boondocks "Rags to *******!"

#294 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

Just in case the Scum and Villainy guys needed it for reference.  I hear they like shuttles...

I think I'll fly this next:

Kath + PTL + Rebel Captive

OGP + Adv sens +EU + Tactician + MJ

Obsidian x2

Still really tempted to drop PTL and keep Expert Handling on Kath.  Breaking TL's is pretty neat even if the distance moved is now half.  PTL really wants Recon Spec to totally turtle.  OGP might get focused down a little faster this route too...I think I'm ok with that.  You're looking at a lot of stress to be handed out.  Keeping EH and dropping Obsidians to AP's would free up 3pts.  I like a Night Beast Upgrade there or gunner.  Heck, dropping adv down to FCS leaves 4 pts and that can get you stabber or a Black Squad + wingman to really make the PTL and red stops tick. 

#295 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:16 AM

Isaard is getting a lot of decimated talk...how about a tough cowgirl?

Kath+ Isaard+ Hull + PTL
OGP+ EU
BSP+ wingman
Academy

Is an EU shuttle enough? Would a Vader shuttle fit better here, especially if you change out PTL for lone wolf?

Kath+lone wolf+ isaard+hull
OGP+Vader
BAckstabber
Obsidian
  • stegocent likes this

#296 TheGreedyMerchant

TheGreedyMerchant

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:49 AM

I like the second one better. I will proxy that up and try it when I get another chance to play.

#297 JFunk

JFunk

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

This thread is back again! Woohoo!

/happydance

#298 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

She will always ride again.

You have 2 of the most customizable ships in the game teamed up with enough room left for 1-2 more ships. Combos are endless and it gets brought up pretty much at every new release.

#299 JFunk

JFunk

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

She will always ride again.

You have 2 of the most customizable ships in the game teamed up with enough room left for 1-2 more ships. Combos are endless and it gets brought up pretty much at every new release.

With all the new crew coming out for Empire I predict this thing eventually hits page 30.

Probably in early 2015.

#300 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:23 PM

We can only hope so.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS