• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

Here's a link to the First episode of Scum and Villainy

Hello X-Wing players and welcome to the Scum and Villainy Podcast.  Richard White(AKA KelvanTiberius), Gregory Duncan(AKA joyNvengeance), and me Scott Williams(AKA MRfroggies), are pleased to present our opinions on a multitude of X-Wing subjects.  Topics on this cast include discussion of the newly announced Rebel Transport expansion, as well as, the highly anticipated Imperial aces expansion.  We will also discuss upcoming store championships, current meta and wave 3.   We will continue to present this on a semi-regular basis.  That being said, if you want to submit any requests for topics please leave comments or message us on TC.com.  We also enjoy reviewing and discussing interesting squads, so please feel free to submit your favorite lists.  Thank you all and happy flying.

You can also listen here: http://scumandvillan...t.podomatic.com

Or download the file from here

Edited by mrfroggies, 05 February 2014 - 06:21 PM.

• Mertaal, mege, Texx and 3 others like this

#2 Eltnot

Eltnot

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

Any option to actually download this as an MP3 or other sound format so that I can put it on my phone and listen to it like a normal podcast?

• DagobahDave likes this

Carpe Jugulum

Spoiler

#3 LegionThree

LegionThree

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:41 AM

Great podcast, really enjoyed the talk about the new ships and how they will be used. Also love that the convoy is getting more love.

#4 Eltnot

Eltnot

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

Also where is TC.com supposed to be?

All I get is a 404 error.

Carpe Jugulum

Spoiler

#5 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:45 AM

Also where is TC.com supposed to be?

All I get is a 404 error.

teamcovenant.com

As to alternate formats, I'll talk to Greg about that, and see what we can do.

#6 Ravncat

Ravncat

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:01 AM

I'd also thought about doing an X-wing podcast, but am kinda isolated from the rest of the world's meta :)  - cool that you guys are doing this

#7 betes

betes

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

Great discussion, really enjoyed the talk about all of the new stuff coming out.

#8 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

I'd also thought about doing an X-wing podcast, but am kinda isolated from the rest of the world's meta :)  - cool that you guys are doing this

Get on Vassal... Great players online.
  • Forensicus likes this

#9 Imperial Rebel

Imperial Rebel

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

Enjoyed the podcast alot! The talk of the X-Wing Pilots was very nice.

Imperials (12): Tie-Fighters (5) Space Narwhals (2) Tie-Advanceds (1) Firesprays (1) Tie-Phantoms (2)

Tie-Defenders (1)

Rebels (12): X-Wings (4) B-Wings (2) HWK-290s (1) YT-1200s (1) Z-95 Headhunters (1) A-Wings (1)

Y-Wings (1) E-Wings (1)

#10 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

Here is a link for those who want to download and listen as an MP3.

https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

#11 egudmunson

egudmunson

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

i am new to all x-wing what is 'Vassal'?

IMP- 13 TIE/F, 2 TIE/A, 8 TIE/I, 6 TIE/B, 3 TIE/D, 3 TIE/P 2 FIRESPRAYS, 3 LAMBDA

REBS- 9 X-WINGS, 6 B-WINGS, 4 A-WINGS, 6 Y-WINGS, 4 HWKS, 2 YT-1300, 5 Z95'S, 3 E-WINGS, 2 GR-75, CR-90

#12 Oyster

Oyster

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

I posted on AFM, but i wanted to show my support here as well. Good job guys. I hope this takes off!

#13 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

awesome. thanx for posting. interesting listening to this. Gr8 to hear the Shuttlebus get a shoutout :)

Edited by The_Brown_Bomber, 05 February 2014 - 12:50 PM.

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#14 CommanderScrappy

CommanderScrappy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

Great podcast guys, keep up the good work.

#15 VanorDM

VanorDM

Rules Ninja

• Members
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:05 PM

Vassal is a free virtual tabletop program that lets people play tabletop and miniature games on their computer. The catch is, it doesn't actually enforce the rules or tell what the pieces do, you have to have the rules and cards.

http://www.vassaleng...Miniatures_Game - Download the program and moduels

http://www.youtube.c...CenMpPWS0Obs-Ww - Video Tutorials for setting up and running Vassal.

http://teamcovenant.com/ Blog and other X-Wing stuff, they run lots of games over Vassal, including tourneys.

#16 SableGryphon

SableGryphon

Ghostly Void Bison

• Members
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:07 PM

That was a good podcast. I rather enjoyed it.

I was super happy to hear you guys giving the Shuttle some love at the end. It's a great ship and I've been trying to get the word out about it. :)

• Kelvan likes this

Come on down to Sable's Shuttle Emporium for all your Alabaster Void Bison needs!

5 TIE Advanced, 6 TIE Bomber, 4 TIE Defender, 10 TIE Fighter, 6 TIE Interceptor, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 Firespray, 5 Lambda, 2 VT-49

7 A-Wing, 7 B-Wing, 3 E-Wing, 7 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 Z-95, 4 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300, 2 YT-2400, 2 GR-75, 1 CR-90

#17 Slimjim

Slimjim

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

Great. Can't wait for more. I too love the shuttle, I love to fly it so much I have almost forgot how to fly small ships! And I really frustrate some of my league mates with my shuttle builds!
  • The_Brown_Bomber likes this
Steve Coulterman,
Quebec City, QC, Canada
Galactic Empire: 6 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE/Advanced, 3 TIE/Interceptor, 1 TIE/Bomber, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda-Class Shuttle
Rebel Scum: 2 X-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 YT-1300

#18 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

That was a good podcast. I rather enjoyed it.

I was super happy to hear you guys giving the Shuttle some love at the end. It's a great ship and I've been trying to get the word out about it. :)

I heard a little birdie tell me a fellow Space Cow fan might be doing a shuttle article on FFG in the near future...

• The_Brown_Bomber likes this

#19 SableGryphon

SableGryphon

Ghostly Void Bison

• Members
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

I heard a little birdie tell me a fellow Space Cow fan might be doing a shuttle article on FFG in the near future...

I look forward to it. :)

I'm working on the second Flight School post since so many people liked the first one. Weird realizing people think of you as an expert.

Come on down to Sable's Shuttle Emporium for all your Alabaster Void Bison needs!

5 TIE Advanced, 6 TIE Bomber, 4 TIE Defender, 10 TIE Fighter, 6 TIE Interceptor, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 Firespray, 5 Lambda, 2 VT-49

7 A-Wing, 7 B-Wing, 3 E-Wing, 7 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 Z-95, 4 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300, 2 YT-2400, 2 GR-75, 1 CR-90

#20 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

Vassal is a program that runs various board games.  There's a module for x-wing.  Right now there's a tournament with 72 players taking place.  Many of the top players regularly play online, for example both world champs play there and test squads out.

If Your interested in getting into Vassal, I've put a tutorial on youtube.  This will give you a basic walk through on how to get setup

Here's some links to download the program and the modules

(go here to get the latest vassal version) http://www.vassalengine.org/

(go here to get the current module and all the extensions) http://www.vassaleng...Miniatures_Game

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS