Khaine

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:59 AM

This god is worshipped by Elves and some humans, namely assassins. In any lore you have read, does he have priests or give blessings? Was looking at PoD list to see what was missing, and that god was listed in a wiki for the list of human gods.

#2 Ralzar

Ralzar

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

Well, the Witch Elves are basically nuns of Khaine. There are no priests of Khaine in the same way as priests of Sigmar, Ulric etc. Warhammer Online introduced a class called a... blood priest? I think that was it. But they were a WO thing and not really part of official lore.

#3 Preacherman

Preacherman

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

Well, the Witch Elves are basically nuns of Khaine. There are no priests of Khaine in the same way as priests of Sigmar, Ulric etc. Warhammer Online introduced a class called a... blood priest? I think that was it. But they were a WO thing and not really part of official lore.

Disciples of Khaine. While not part of any official lore that I know of, they're still pretty awesome, and could definitely be integrated into your campaigns:

http://warhammeronli...ciple_of_Khaine

#4 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

2e had many details on Khaine  - look him up in the index

http://www.goblin-on...wfrp2idx.html#K

#5 socratim

socratim

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

I only know Dean Cain...  :ph34r:  (Any former ELR-listeners here?)

Edited by socratim, 04 February 2014 - 11:56 AM.

• Emirikol likes this

#6 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:15 AM

Good index

Now to find out where to find the publications the index point to.

Disciples of Khaine were elves werent they? 

Its the humans I am more interested in.

#7 Preacherman

Preacherman

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:08 AM

Good index

Now to find out where to find the publications the index point to.

Disciples of Khaine were elves werent they? 

Its the humans I am more interested in.

Disciples of Khaine are dark elves. Khaine is worshipped mainly by elves as the god of war and dark elves as the god of murder. As far as I'm aware, he has extremely few followers in the old world, and those are mostly assassins, as Old Worlders have their own gods of war.

#8 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

I think i treat them like a brotherhood of assassins. They dont get blessings just cursed weapon abilities.

Anyone killed by a worshipper of Khaine depending on the rank of the npc will have a chance their soul is gone. No spirit speech, no ressurection (not sure if thats possible). Special wound types, like a cursed wound that fails to heal. Bit like Frodos.

SInce Khaine wishes to take souls so his brother Morr cant have them, maybe any healing faith spell used on them have worse effects.

Just ideas at the minute.

#9 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:15 AM

The Dark Elf God Khaine and the Khaine Worshipped by Humans in the Old World are not the same god.

The Khaine who is Worshipped in the Old World the God of Murder and is the brother of Morr, he is jealous of his Brothers power and tries to steal souls away from him. His followers often use a symbol of a bloodied hand as a sign of faith, they tend to be assassins or crazed murders - though only murder committed in a brazen fashion making no attempt hide its ritualistic intent will grant Khaines favour.

The Dark Elves follow Khaine from the elven deities where he is the God of Hatred, war and destruction. I am trying to find his full name because my spelling is awful so do not wish to attempt it. He provides balance to the Elven pantheon for without him they could not know loss or war and there could be no victory or beauty...

Oddly Khaine's full name used to be in my signature as I had a quote from the tomb of corruption about his likeness to Khorne (for the Dark Elf version)

Edited by crimsonsun, 14 February 2014 - 04:22 AM.

The Question of Khaine

"A God named Khaine, A God of Murder and death and bloodshed, only the willfully blind could not see this is none other than the Blood Lord Himself, cloaked in one of his many guises to beguile and trick those who might otherwise repel him!"

-The Liber Chaotica

#10 Preacherman

Preacherman

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

I'm pretty sure the title you're thinking of is Kaela Mensha Khaine, the Bloody Handed Khaine. I don't know for certain if he has that title in Fantasy as well. In 40k it's due to him murdering Eldanesh, the greatest Eldar hero, and consequently being cursed by Asuryan to forever be reminded of his bloodiness by the blood forever dripping from his hand.

I'm also pretty certain the Khaine that Old Worlders worship as the god of murder (assassination) and the Khaine that elves/dark elves worship as the god of war/strife/murder is the same guy...

#11 arscott

arscott

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:30 AM

Definitely.  2e's tome of salvations charts the history of worship.  Khaine comes from the "classical" pantheon of ancient Tilea, which was heavily inspired by the Elven Pantheon (It also includes "Kurnos", "Ishea", and "Mathaan").  There's a sidebar discussing the relationship between Khaine of the humans vs. Khaine of the elves, and it's actually titled Kalea Mensha Khaine.

#12 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

I apologise I was very much mistaken it seems I totally miss read said caption 5-6 years previous when I last checked, as it mentions the very 'barbaric' ways in which humans worship Khaine...

Though the only thing that has always bothered me about Cults of Khaine is that it goes against there beliefs to hide the fact that they committed the murder, which is somewhat contradictory to at least 75% of assassinations (the other 25% to send a message for the purpose of infamy.)

The Question of Khaine

"A God named Khaine, A God of Murder and death and bloodshed, only the willfully blind could not see this is none other than the Blood Lord Himself, cloaked in one of his many guises to beguile and trick those who might otherwise repel him!"

-The Liber Chaotica

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS