74 replies to this topic

#61 13thcaesar

13thcaesar

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

1fb2aebf130655a69647961726abe37b-d7570w5

She's name probably is Idraen.

'A hardened female ranger of the Dunedain! Card art for the Lord of the Rings card game by Fantasy Flight Games." - JakeMurray (words of author of pictures)

'

• Bullroarer Took likes this

#62 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

I figured she was a Dunedain ranger. Whether she's an objective ally or a hero is my main question.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#63 13thcaesar

13thcaesar

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

maybe objective ally like Lord Alcaron (but not traitor this time ;)) which runs through the whole cycle

#64 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

I hope her ability is something like "Discard Idraen to cancel a When Revealed effect".

Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#65 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

I'd put my money that she'll be the spirit hero whos ability augments secrecy.  I feel like FFG likes using their custom made characters for hero cards that have these niche abilities like Mirlonde and Caldara (although Theoden certainly doesnt count, but the ability made sense thematically)

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#66 Karlson

Karlson

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

She's definitely rocking the Aragorn hairstyle... must be a prerequisite for becoming a Dunedain Ranger.  

#67 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

it is all that washing her hair with dissolved tree sap and cleaning he arm pits with dried moss.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#68 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

Wow. Just wow. I came back today from my little vacation (where I had no internet) and just saw this. I was already happy with the Dunland theme in the Dunland Trap but this is even better. Barrow locations? Antlered crowns? Hallowed circles? Forest spirits? The thematic direction they took with Dunland is exactly the one I wanted to see (or even better). This may very well be my favorite AP ever. Hope the quest is amazing. The art is, at least. Also I think the woman in the box art will be our Dunadan Spirit hero, hopefully a secrecy hero.

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#69 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

I think that if you folks are right then we probably won't be seeing Arwen this cycle.
Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#70 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

With as tough as she looks, I don't see her hiding behind a tree too much, so I kinda doubt be a Secrecy hero. Then again, who better to keep secrecy than a dunedain ranger?

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#71 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:59 AM

Hmmmm we see picture of ffg Gwaihir aleady long time ago but he still didn come as a card......

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#72 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

Hmmmm we see picture of ffg Gwaihir aleady long time ago but he still didn come as a card......

It seems as though with this cycle they are trying to make each AP revolve around a certain mechanic/trait (at least with the 2 we've seen thus far).  Maybe one of the later ones they will refresh eagles and we will finally see the Windlord in all his greatness.  Even just 1 other new eagle ally and a nice unifying effect on Gwaihir such as "all eagle allies cost 1 less to a minimum of 1" would go a long way in making it a relevant archetype again 

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#73 John85

John85

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

It seems as though with this cycle they are trying to make each AP revolve around a certain mechanic/trait (at least with the 2 we've seen thus far).  Maybe one of the later ones they will refresh eagles and we will finally see the Windlord in all his greatness.  Even just 1 other new eagle ally and a nice unifying effect on Gwaihir such as "all eagle allies cost 1 less to a minimum of 1" would go a long way in making it a relevant archetype again 

I would say most APs have done this so far. This cycles APs seem to focus on a number (say 3-ish) of mechanics/traits.

#74 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

I consider myself a theme player first and foremost. I've played some powerful decks on here that didn't really appeal to me because the theme wasn't there. (And that goes to my super heroes attachment deck that I built myself.) If the Dunedain, the elves and the eagles get a shot in the arm in this cycle I'm all for it.

#75 Style75

Style75

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

At this point I don't think we'll see Gwaihir until the final saga box. He's the one that lead the Eagle's attack outside the gates of Mordor and then rescued the hobbits on Mt. Doom. It makes total sense for him to appear at that point in the saga. Unfortunately putting him anywhere else wouldn't make sense.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS