A new priview is up!

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

Rohan fans should remember that they are going to get a HUGE boost when the third LOTR saga box comes around.
"I will not be released in the second quarter!" - Nalir the Dwarf

#42 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

Rohan fans should remember that they are going to get a HUGE boost when the third LOTR saga box comes around.

Unless we get a bunch of Ent cards, instead! :P

#43 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

Unless we get a bunch of Ent cards, instead! :P
We should be so lucky!
  • Dain Ironfoot likes this
"I will not be released in the second quarter!" - Nalir the Dwarf

#44 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

yeah you think we would have seen these things already :(

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#45 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

To those who don't like Leaf Brooch because they don't play with a lot of events: Even if you don't play many events, there are some "essential" events - like A Test of Will - which are great to be played for free. Also Secrecy depends on low threat, and most of the best cards for keeping threat low are events - most notably The Galadhrim's Greeting. If you can play TGG for 2 or less, you are golden. Not to mention, you can recycle these events (as mentioned by someone else earlier).

I am a little disappointed with Noiseless Movement, though. They make the card look really good for secrecy, by giving the card back if you're at secrecy level, but if you are at or below 20 threat, few enemies will engage you, so you'll have less use for this card. So this card is actually more useful outside of secrecy decks it seems.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#46 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:36 PM

Going back to female heroes: I usually don't mind when FFG makes their own heroes, as long as I like their ability. But we still haven't seen any made up female heroes in Leadership OR Tactics. I mean, I know they're the more "masculine" spheres, but it would still be interesting to see what they would be like. The only person in LOTR lore that might qualify for this would be a Tactics Eowyn, which I am really looking forward to in the future.

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

#47 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

I am a little disappointed with Noiseless Movement, though. They make the card look really good for secrecy, by giving the card back if you're at secrecy level, but if you are at or below 20 threat, few enemies will engage you, so you'll have less use for this card. So this card is actually more useful outside of secrecy decks it seems.

Guess it'll be good for all those enemies with 10 to 20 threat.  And there are plenty!

#48 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

Also Secrecy depends on low threat, and most of the best cards for keeping threat low are events - most notably The Galadhrim's Greeting. If you can play TGG for 2 or less, you are golden. Not to mention, you can recycle these events (as mentioned by someone else earlier).

This is very true and a good point, still I think it will have its place. Secrecy decks, especially in solo are often light on combat.. so stopping some of those "engage no matter what" type low threat enemy cards is still powerful, but yeah.. it is sorta trying to trick you into thinking it is better than it is, though I think if you are failing secrecy stopping a scary engagement isn't a bad idea.. spesh if your deck has weak combat, and it also gives you a turn and a resource round to get secrecy back.

we still haven't seen any made up female heroes in Leadership OR Tactics. I mean, I know they're the more "masculine" spheres, but it would still be interesting to see what they would be like.

I completely agree on this.. What was that chick that killed the witch king? Wasn't her whole deal that she was a warrior madian type thing? She was also a lord's daughter so could fit nicely into leadership.. maybe even tactics.
"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#49 Fippin

Fippin

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

What was that chick that killed the witch king? Wasn't her whole deal that she was a warrior madian type thing? She was also a lord's daughter so could fit nicely into leadership.. maybe even tactics.

That was none other than Eowyn - Spirit hero extraordinaire. I, too, would love to see a Tactics or Leadership version of her.

Edited by Fippin, 05 February 2014 - 12:20 AM.

#50 EclatK

EclatK

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:22 AM

With the same stat!!

• Fippin likes this

#51 koriakin97

koriakin97

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:55 AM

I'm sure will see Eowin in saga expansion-so that players can fight with her against witchking(unless he is spectral, like undead in stone of erech)
  • booored likes this

#52 Dedalus

Dedalus

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

While browsing on Facebook, I've seen some news. 

It looks there are some leaked spoilers about Ring-maker Cycle. The names of the rest Adventure Packs:

1. - The Dunland Trap
2. - The Three Trials
3. - The Antlered Crown
4. - Throuble in Tharbad
5. - The Nin-in-Eilph
6. - Celebrimbor's Secret

Is this the real thing or somebody is just having some wishes?!   :D 

Edited by Dedalus, 05 February 2014 - 02:57 PM.

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay."

My blog - 
http://theeanvil.blogspot.com/

#53 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

To those who don't like Leaf Brooch because they don't play with a lot of events: Even if you don't play many events, there are some "essential" events - like A Test of Will - which are great to be played for free. Also Secrecy depends on low threat, and most of the best cards for keeping threat low are events - most notably The Galadhrim's Greeting. If you can play TGG for 2 or less, you are golden. Not to mention, you can recycle these events (as mentioned by someone else earlier).

I disagree. Pippin told me he never got killed because he had a lack of resources, but because of that nasty 5 threat orc who wad taking off his head. Hobbits also have stuff like Good Meal that enables them to play events for a low cost. So while I think the brooch is ok and fine (it is indeed a good card), it's Noiseless Movement that deals with one of the major weaknesses of a secrecy deck. The fact alone that it allows you to send everyone to the quest is absolutely amazing. It's a gamesaver and one of the few cards that gives a you more flexibility when planning your turn.

Of course, the synergy between these two new cards makes both of them even more aweseome! :wub:

#54 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:45 AM

While browsing on Facebook, I've seen some news. 

It looks there are some leaked spoilers about Ring-maker Cycle. The names of the rest Adventure Packs:

1. - The Dunland Trap
2. - The Three Trials
3. - The Antlered Crown
4. - Throuble in Tharbad
5. - The Nin-in-Eilph
6. - Celebrimbor's Secret

Well, that would clear up who the "Ring-Maker" is...

#55 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:48 AM

What was that chick that killed the witch king? Wasn't her whole deal that she was a warrior madian type thing? She was also a lord's daughter so could fit nicely into leadership.. maybe even tactics.

That was none other than Eowyn - Spirit hero extraordinaire. I, too, would love to see a Tactics or Leadership version of her.

Tactics Eowyn:

http://hallofbeorn.w...f-the-rohirrim/

#56 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

no one cares about custom cards

#57 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:02 AM

Factually incorrect.   ^_^  

• Dain Ironfoot, Raven1015 and danpoage like this

#58 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

Pretty eowyn, yeah! (Merry not so, :P). And the idea (Eowyn get more attack when she defends and Merry can ready, for example, Eowyn) is very good and coherent with the thematic side.

Sure, congratulations.

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#59 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

Agree here. Custom cards is most of rhe time is unbalanced boring stuff. I don't bother myself with them most of the time.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#60 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

I disagree. Pippin told me he never got killed because he had a lack of resources, but because of that nasty 5 threat orc who wad taking off his head. Hobbits also have stuff like Good Meal that enables them to play events for a low cost. So while I think the brooch is ok and fine (it is indeed a good card), it's Noiseless Movement that deals with one of the major weaknesses of a secrecy deck. The fact alone that it allows you to send everyone to the quest is absolutely amazing. It's a gamesaver and one of the few cards that gives a you more flexibility when planning your turn.

Of course, the synergy between these two new cards makes both of them even more aweseome! :wub:

I totally understand that secrecy decks need to avoid enemies and Noiseless Movement is a great card, but less than 20% of enemies have an engagement of 20 or less and most of those are relatively weak, so most of them you can just deal with instead of using this card. Obviously, there are still plenty of situations where you'd want to get an enemy back into the staging area or prevent them from coming down. There are actually a pretty large number of cards that fulfill this purpose:

- Out of Sight: enemies engaged with you can't attack. You can still kill them off yourself

- Risk Some Light: keep these enemies from ever showing up

- O Elbereth! Gilthonial!: chump block with an ally and then just send it away. The requirement to block probably makes this card kinda suck for this

- Out of the Wild: Same theory as Risk Some Light, except more permanent removal

- Hobbit-Sense: You can't get attacked, like Out of Sight.

- Take No Notice: Don't let them engage

- Advance Warning: Pretty limited because it's practically impossible to build a secrecy deck with all Lore, but Pippin + Mirlonde + one of a few other heroes will at least get you started below the threshold.

- Spirit Pippin: Everyone hates him, but his ability works just fine for this with enough threat reduction.

- A Light in the Dark: been around for quite a while and is much more affordable with Leaf Brooch.

Edited by joezim007, 06 February 2014 - 11:07 AM.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS