74 replies to this topic

#1 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4631

A few new player cards spoiled. Not much, though. But a nice secrecy touch.

noiseless-movement.png leaf-brooch.png

And several encounter ones aswell:

ravens-guardian.png spirit-of-the-wild.png

And right here we can see a sneak peek at new spirit ally, which costs a hefty 3 but is not unique:

MEC27-cardfan-01.png

Edited by MyNeighbourTrololo, 03 February 2014 - 05:46 PM.

• shipwreck likes this

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#2 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

MEC27-box-right.png

MEC27-cardfan-01.pngnoiseless-movement.pngleaf-brooch.pngspirit-of-the-wild.png

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#3 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

really cool to see secrecy making a comeback.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#4 chuckles

chuckles

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

The Leave brooch is interesting. Like that its a neutral attachment. Certain decks could get quite a boost. (and I see that mono sphere's haven't been left behind either... i'm guessing this is intentional).

I wonder if there will be any similar secrecy giving attachments that will work for allies or attachments well? 

Edited by chuckles, 03 February 2014 - 06:01 PM.

"Do not believe him! He has lost all power, save his voice that can still daunt you and deceive you, if you let it."

#5 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

might be, but the article is correct... . being able to play 1 cost cards for free is pretty bonkers.

#6 Marginal0

Marginal0

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

The Antlered crown? I would've expected that in Game of Thrones, not here. :P

#7 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

Who is she? "A new spirit hero", but doesn't look elven to my eyes.
Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#8 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

Who is she? "A new spirit hero", but doesn't look elven to my eyes.

The front of AP boxes has typically been Encounter/Quest card art.

#9 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

My gosh, Arwen has aged a bit from the art work on her ally card, but it looks like we will be getting her as the new spirit hero. ha ha.

But seriously, my guess is she is Dunedain, possibly the hero card. If it is it's probably another FFG created hero.
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#10 Karlson

Karlson

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

Yes, I'm thinking the Adventure Pack artwork is a Dunedain ranger, perhaps an ally or objective ally for the quest.  

I wish that Raven's Guard was a Tactics Ally.  That guy looks freakin' awesome!  I really couldn't be happier with the direction this cycle has taken early on: Elves, Dunedain, and Secrecy... Three very underdeveloped themes in the game so far.  This particular pack also looks like it will add some amazing player cards for Hobbit themed decks.  I can't wait!

#11 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

She looks too noble to be an enemy. If she is the new hero, she will almost definitely be made up. I don't think Magali would change her drawing if it was Arwen.

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

#12 shipwreck

shipwreck

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Classic.

But in other games the Dunlendings have been portrayed as very animistic and superstitious, so I bet the antler crown is to do with that. Hopefully it summons some kind of Valar orbital strike to be used in later encounters. :lol:

Edited by shipwreck, 03 February 2014 - 07:49 PM.

#13 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

The broach on the box art... Boy I hope that's not Arwen.

Edit: Here's the thing that I can't get out of my head. I think it unlikely that we get two female spirit heros in the cycle. So if that's not Arwen then maybe we're not getting her. :(

Edited by Bullroarer Took, 03 February 2014 - 08:01 PM.

Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#14 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

the leaf broach looks terrible.... what is that big void in the center.. looks like a mangled doughnut

#15 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

The broach on the box art... Boy I hope that's not Arwen.

Edit: Here's the thing that I can't get out of my head. I think it unlikely that we get two female spirit heros in the cycle. So if that's not Arwen then maybe we're not getting her. :(

i bet it's quest card art (following previous patterns) but, it certainly could be a player card.

if memory serves, the AP box art has only been a player card's art three times (Haldir, Elladan, Gondorian Discipline). not that that really means anything! :D

Edited by Dain Ironfoot, 03 February 2014 - 09:32 PM.

#16 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

not much to go off player card wise, but the quest itself sounds really fun! Boss enemies are always fun to play against

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#17 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:43 PM

Noiseless Movement, I luv ya!

I mean, how awesome is THAT???????

• Fippin likes this

#18 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

i bet it's quest card art (following previous patterns) but, it certainly could be a player card.

Yeah, my bet it is a Objective-Ally... meaning it could become a player card latter (or a enemy like Lord Acelron)... Also I think it is defiantly a Duradain, reminds me of Beravor even.

I really hope FFG have started to realize it is fine to make up some characters of there own. We could do with a few more girls in this game.

#19 Scroll Lock

Scroll Lock

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

I hope It is not Arwen on the pack. But I do not like that star she has.

The quest: sounds like some fairytale. Find 3 guardians and take their keys to get an artifact. But I like that each guardian uses Time X.

#20 Fippin

Fippin

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:24 AM

The release made a big deal about the Leaf Brooch and how useful it would be. Now, I'm a newbie and I'm still making my way through Shadows of Mirkwood, but is secrecy THAT useful? How likely/easy is it that you can keep your threat below 20?

I love Spirit so can't wait to see the info on the new ally! (Even though it will be ages until I get there!)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS