Dealing with Too Much Soak

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#101 segara82

segara82

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

who needs TV with such classic online-comedy?

*get's popcorn*

Quick, look for a Memo-save or a quick-save function.

Courage is the mastery of fear - not the absence of fear

#102 Col. Orange

Col. Orange

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:22 AM

Just having a giggle.  I'll stop tangenting now, I promise.

Richard sits atop a throne of skulls. Wispy notes displaying the letters ‘T.P.K’ flutter around him as he surveys the corpse-riddled landscape. And as he sips blood from his bone-chalice he thinks to himself, “I don't think my games are deadly enough.”

Personal Nemeses likely almost certainly killed: Sticky Fingers

(I hate Destiny Points ("thanks" 2P51))

#103 UHF

UHF

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:42 AM

Everybody wants to be Chuck Norris... just for one day.
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=3Yc0OESVEQI

#104 FuriousGreg

FuriousGreg

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

Everybody wants to be Chuck Norris... just for one day.
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=3Yc0OESVEQI

I was never a Chuck fan, I preferred Clint and da Schwarzenegger... but to each their own :)

In any case, not to get too far OT I don't remember seeing any of these guys in any of the SW films or anything quite like these types of moments. The SW films have a somewhat different feel to them then Spaghetti Westerns and 80's Action Hero films, there are heroic action scenes but without quite that over the top feel. The only scene I can think of is* maybe when Luke confronts Jabba in ROJ warning things will go bad for him if he doesn't let Han and Leia go, but then he gets dropped into the Rancor pit. Even when he does go off later on the air yachts it's still a bit frantic and you're not a 100% sure it's going to work out perfect. Not quite the same pay off as Chuck gunning down everyone in sight.

The Star Wars films are heroic, magical fantasies but they're still firmly placed in the real world as far as actions and consequences go. This IMO is what makes them so exciting, the bad guys will get their comeuppance but it's always touch and go for the heroes and every triumph comes with a sacrifice. I think if you loose this, if you go the Action Hero (al la Chuck & da Schwartz) or even too far into the Clint style you loose something of the SW feel, it's charm. Those guy's films had a lot of great things but they were never charming (Okay Kindergarten Cop was a little charming...).

*Edit: Okay maybe also one of Samuel Jackson's scenes in the Prequels but that's not going to win me over since I thought those films sucked...

Edited by FuriousGreg, 13 February 2014 - 01:50 PM.

• segara82 and Col. Orange like this

Watch these now. Really, right now. (Oh, there's some naughty language but we're all adults :D here)
http://redlettermedi...phantom-menace/

http://redlettermedi...-of-the-clones/

http://redlettermedi...ge-of-the-sith/

#105 UHF

UHF

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

Chuck Norris ties his shoes with his feet.

#106 BlackCross5

BlackCross5

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

[Grabs Shakespearian_Soldier by the lapels]

We haven't saved in three hours.

"You've fallen prey to one of the classic blunders!  The most famous of which is 'Don't get involved in a land war in Asia...'"

• Col. Orange, Crimson_red, Crimson Death and 1 other like this

#107 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

Holy Baby Jesus and the Orphans! We gotta save this damn adventure! The fate the [fictional] world as we [the forums] know it depends on it!

• Col. Orange likes this

"Beg for your life. No, doing so won't save you - but it will make your death more amusing to watch."
- Vago the Hutt; Star Wars: Edge of the Empire

#108 UHF

UHF

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

Holy Baby Jesus and the Orphans! We gotta save this damn adventure! The fate the [fictional] world as we [the forums] know it depends on it!

I'm telling you, I got this!

07.jpg

• Col. Orange likes this

#109 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

O_O Holy smoley! He falcon-puched his foot through that guy's face!

"Beg for your life. No, doing so won't save you - but it will make your death more amusing to watch."
- Vago the Hutt; Star Wars: Edge of the Empire

#110 Col. Orange

Col. Orange

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:48 AM

I'm telling you, I got this!

07.jpg

This!  This is how you deal with too much soak.

• kaosoe likes this

Richard sits atop a throne of skulls. Wispy notes displaying the letters ‘T.P.K’ flutter around him as he surveys the corpse-riddled landscape. And as he sips blood from his bone-chalice he thinks to himself, “I don't think my games are deadly enough.”

Personal Nemeses likely almost certainly killed: Sticky Fingers

(I hate Destiny Points ("thanks" 2P51))

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS