Murfreesboro, TN Store Championship!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Otajima

Otajima

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:54 AM

Hello all! Allen Jones here to let you know that Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) in co-operation with Roll the Dice Games will be hosting the first Store Championship for Murfreesboro Tennessee! Information will be listed below, and we hope you can make it!

Location - 1768 MTSU Blvd, Murfreesboro, TN 37132

Date - Saturday: 03/01/14

Registration - 8:00am - 10:00am

Tournament - 10:00am start. End will depend of attendance for number of rounds.

Cost - $5.00 cash (ATMs from multiple banks on premises)

Amenities - Inside Bulding: Popeyes, Panda Express, Dunkin Doughnuts, Market, Grill.

Outside Building: Subway, Starbucks, Asian Express, Pizza Hut (Within a block).

Delivery: Jimmy Johns, Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Marco's, Pappa John's.

Questions - Allen Jones: (Chess.Sage@gmail.com)

The standard tournament rules will be in effect, and it will be truly appreciated if you let us know your coming in advance. We can reserve a bigger room if needed so knowing in advance will give you more room between you and your fellow gamers.

Look forward to seeing you at MTSU!

The cherry blossom of truth in the winds of honor.

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:09 AM

Hmm... google maps is telling me this is just over 4 hours from me.  I really hate how wide TN is, I was all excited when I saw a store championship in the state but 4 hours is probably outside of my driving radius.  Good luck!

#3 Otajima

Otajima

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

Sorry to hear you wont make it!

I wanted to clarify that as the name suggests this is a store championship so prize support is the Star Wars LCG Store Championship Kit delivered by Fantasy Flight.

It has Bobba Fett art custom playmats amoungst many other goodies!

Prizes can be added if attendance is high enough.

Thanks,

Allen Jones

#4 Kevinbayne

Kevinbayne

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

Will this be a one on one tourney or 2 on 2?

#5 Otajima

Otajima

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

The tournament will be one on one.

#6 Kevinbayne

Kevinbayne

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

Will the card sleeve rule be applied?

#7 Otajima

Otajima

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:40 AM

For all officially sanctioned regional, national, invitational, and world championship events, players are required to use protective sleeves for their decks. If a player’s deck contains Aurebesh text or alternate art cards, the sleeves must be art sleeves or opaque. For all local level events, card sleeves are not required, but players are encouraged to use sleeves both to protect their cards and to protect themselves against accusations of marking or manipulating decks by exploiting variance in
the size, wear, or texture of their cards.

Since this is a local level tournament and not high stakes tournament listed above I believe card sleeves are not required. However as written above as well, it is great form and good protection from any accusation to use card sleeves.

#8 Kevinbayne

Kevinbayne

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:45 AM

How many decks are we allowed to bring?

#9 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

To add to what Otajima said, the tournament rules do require sleeves still if you're using any of the alternate-art/Aurebesh text promo cards.

For any tournament, you can bring as many decks as you'd like. But you can only use 1 Light Side deck and 1 Dark Side deck during the event (and you must have one of each)

#10 Kevinbayne

Kevinbayne

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

Ok thank you I will be there.

#11 Otajima

Otajima

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for the help as a full time worker and full time college student I can not always respond fast but I promise to respond!

#12 Kevinbayne

Kevinbayne

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

At the university, where do we park and which building will it be in?

#13 Otajima

Otajima

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

You will be able to park outside the building in which the address was written above. It is called the Student Union Building and with any luck will either post a link or a pic of the campus map to help those of you traveling to us.

#14 Otajima

Otajima

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

1517906_10201535470695217_1367091130_o.j

#15 Otajima

Otajima

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:09 PM

Hope everyone is having a great Valentine's Day tomorrow! Just wanted to get your guys opinion on our time. Would you rather it start later and run to a later time at night or run with what we currently have so you should be done by supper time?

#16 Kevinbayne

Kevinbayne

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

Keep the current schedule

#17 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

And my plans have changed... there's now a small chance that I can make it.  I'd say 35% chance that I'll be there.

#18 Otajima

Otajima

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

Sweet! We would love to have you! The time remains unchanged as we got emails saying everyone was happy with the original time. We have the room reserved from 8am to 8pm so we should have more than enough time to finish out and get a winner. As a reminder in advance we don't have a lunch break scheduled but on tournament day we will take a vote to see if people want one or would rather the tournament end faster. With having a food court below the tournament venue I doubt anyone will want to however as they will probably grab food and bring it up between rounds.

#19 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

I should know for sure by later tonight. Also, looks like my friend Nate may make it as well.

#20 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

Oh yeah, how many people are you expecting/do you have a guesstimate on time? I'd be managing the trip based on my wife coming with to spend the day hanging out with a friend of her's from high school, but it would help to be able to give her a timing estimate. Thanks!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS