#1 Darth_Malus

Darth_Malus

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

21 participants!!!!!!

Wow!!!

Blew me away!!

So it was a busy and intense tourney.  We saw everything BUT the YT!!!

Had a lot of cursing, laughs, blanks, crits, one-shots, "wtf?!?"s and "How the???!!!!"s.

I loved every minute of it.  Lots of new faces, lots of old faces.....

I think it's safe to say most everyone had a blast.  

Oh yeah, and a final game that needed a straight up ballsy move to win it (and he actually pulled it off!!!!)

So here's the top 10 squad lists (cause I'm not about to type up all 21):

1st Frank

Bounty Hunter - 33

-Gunner - 5

Dagger - 24

-Adv Sensors

Saber - 21

Black - 14

2nd Roy

Bounty Hunter - 33

-Gunner - 5

-FCS - 2 (error)

Blue - 22

Adv Sensors - 3

Gold - 18

-Ion - 5

Academy - 12

3rd Paul Heaver

Dagger - 24

- Adv Sensors - 3

Red - 23

Saber - 21

-PTL - 3

Grey - 20

-Ion - 5

-R2 - 1

4th Pete

Bounty Hunter - 33

Dagger - 24

Red - 23

-R2 - 1

Green - 19

5th Ron

Bounty Hunter - 33

-Gunner - 5

Saber - 21

-VI - 1

Green - 19

-VI - 1

-Homing Missile - 5

Black - 14

-VI 1

6th Nick

Dagger - 24

-HLC - 7

Saber - 21

-PTL - 3

-Stealth - 3

Red - 23

Black - 14

-Stealth - 3

-VI - 1

7th Tony

Dagger - 24

-Proton Torps - 4

-Proton Torps - 4

Red - 23

-Adv Proton Torps - 6

Saber - 21

-PTL - 3

Black - 14

8th Mike J

Blue - 22

-HLC - 7

-Adv Sensors - 3

Saber - 21

-PTL - 3

Green - 19

-PTL - 3

Rookie - 21

9th Rich

Dagger - 24

-Adv Sensors - 3

Gray - 20

-R2 - 1

-Ion - 5

Red - 23

-R2 - 1

Gamma - 18

-Homing Missile - 5

10th Chad

Bounty Hunter - 33

Red - 23

Blue - 22

Saber - 21

-VI - 1

Final 4 was shuffled after Pete had to leave and Roy's squad was found to be....um....shall we say TOO pirate-y?  (apparently Firesprays can't carry system upgrades, who knew?!?!)

After being made aware he graciously bowed out and asked me to bump everyone up.  So Ron and Nick moved up.  But Nick had slipped out after the swiss rounds and instead Tony made it up to the final 4.  

Semifinals had Paul beating Tony, and Ron taking down Frank.  So Paul and Ron faced off in the finals in a game that came down to 1hp on each side.  Ron pulled it out but that doesn't do the game justice.  I'll let Ron or Paul go into how it played out.

I want to thank everyone who showed up to help make this a very successful tournament - 21 people!! (looks like I'm gonna need help running the Store Championship next month).

#2 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

Kris,

it was an awesome time. Still can't believe that Frank's Firespray on 1 HP wouldn't go down to my full health BH even after I fired on it 5 times, 3 of them at R1.....

When the dice desert, they really desert. It was a great game though and Frank was a top opponent.

looking forward to the store championship.

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#3 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:13 PM

nice. bounty hunters and B-Wings in most top10 lists eh?

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#4 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

Yep.

What I find interesting is almost everyone went after the B-Wing first allowing my other ships to wreak havoc. I think the psychology of the B is more devastating than the ship itself.

Paired with a Bounty Hunter the choice of what to kill first is a difficult one as the BH is the longer term threat, but won't go down quickly allowing the B to inflict damage.

In my list (4th) the logical first kill should be the X-Wing to reduce killing power of the overall list.

If I faced my own list I would have a kill order of.

1. X-Wing

2. B-Wing

3. BH

4. A-Wing

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?

#5 spitfireMKIX

spitfireMKIX

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

Where are you guys located? I'll be moving to Va in the next few months to the Newport News area and I'm gonna be searching for a group to fly with
5 X-wing 3 A-wing 3 Y-wing 2 B-wing 1 YT-1300 1 HWK 290 1 transport<p>7 Tie Fighter 1 Tie Advnace 4 Tie Intercepter 2 Tie Bomber 2 Firespray

#6 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

We are in Chantilly near DC.

I think there is a group in Norfolk that is much closer. We would be a 3 hour ish drive for you to us. Norfolk is about 20 mins :-)

We'd love to see you though if you fancy the trip one day. 

#7 spitfireMKIX

spitfireMKIX

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

Yeah definently! I'm glad to hear there are groups in Va bc it'll kill me not getting to play once I move
5 X-wing 3 A-wing 3 Y-wing 2 B-wing 1 YT-1300 1 HWK 290 1 transport<p>7 Tie Fighter 1 Tie Advnace 4 Tie Intercepter 2 Tie Bomber 2 Firespray

#8 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

The Norfolk folks are pretty active and run tourneys quite regularly as well.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS