• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DukeWard

DukeWard

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

Hello everyone,

Has FFG discontinued production of this adventure pack?  I can't find many and where they are available, people are asking $70 or more for it.  I love this game and would appreciate the opportunity to play through the scenarios in the intended order, at least for the first cycle - but I can't afford to pay that much.  What's going on?

Thanks for reading,

RJ

#2 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

packs go in and out of print. Buy, Print it, or wait for FFG to reprint it. There is a "upcoming" release rss feed from FFG. They are not to be trusted, but should tell you if a pack is going to be reprinted at some point.

CLick here or the big massive UPCOMING link at teh top of every page on this site

As you can see HFG is "supposed" to be reprinted sometime in February.

Edited by booored, 01 February 2014 - 10:51 PM.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#3 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

You can check the status of a product on the Upcoming page on the FFG website: http://www.fantasyfl...ge_upcoming.asp

It is being reprinted

Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

#4 la1cajun

la1cajun

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:09 AM

I called FFG and they said around feb 6 the mirkwood cycle with gollum should be out

#5 la1cajun

la1cajun

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:09 AM

I need it to and I'm not paying 70$ either. I saw the same thing!

#6 vjg13

vjg13

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

looks like someone on Amazon got their stock early but still selling conflict at carrock for 20 shipped just a few more should be able to get it for 15 or less

#7 la1cajun

la1cajun

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

Yep. This game must be popular for them to jack the prices up that much. Now if their selling for that price i Have no idea..lol

#8 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

kids have no impulse control, they want something so they buy it.. they pay anything.. even way more than it is worth and they can never wait. This is common in collection games. A new player would player spend X to buy a mirkwood pack than get the perfectly fine current packs and just pick it up in a reprint. LoTR releases something almost every month... so what is the rush?

Edited by booored, 03 February 2014 - 09:20 AM.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#9 camacazio

camacazio

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

Online sellers try to capitalize on limited quantities when it has been awhile since an AP's release. It is pretty gross. Local game stores tend to have stock much longer, and won't try to rip you off. Recently, the APs for Khazad-Dum were rereleased and everything went back to normal retail value. If you want to get the first cycle, you'll just have to wait until it is rereleased or go to your local game store.

#10 garetha

garetha

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

Given that some if the other packs are available is it possible to get them out of sequence or does that put you at a disadvantage as you don't have the previous sets cards? If you can get them out of sequence, any recommendations to keep me going until gollum surfaces?

Thanks

Gareth

#11 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

Of course.
Most people buy the packs in the order they were released in, to play the quests in order.
But you can buy any pack you like, or can get your hand on.
I bought SaF first for instance, the last AP of the dwarrowdelf cycle.
Why? Because I wanted Elrond, and that's it.
So my advice is to browse through the APs and select one you like for the player cards & quest.
Only for the AtS cycle will I recommend playing (not buying mind you) the quests in order for the story.
In the earlier quests the adventures do link, but on a far more shallow level, so IMO it's not that important.
So wait for a reprint, and buy some other pack is my advice.

Also, http://talesfromthecards.wordpress.com has some great articles to get started on buying packs.
To browse the database on cards in a pack I recommend http://hallofbeorn.com
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#12 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

Yeah... just buy the packs that are available. I do not see any reason to play them in order or anything. The sets themselves a have a very loose story.. something beefed up in the latest pack. but you d=get nothing from playing mirkwood before darowdelf theme wise. There will always be 1 or 2 complete cycles available at any given time.

Also, http://talesfromthecards.wordpress.com has some great articles to get started on buying packs.
To browse the database on cards in a pack I recommend http://hallofbeorn.com

pffft. That card search is bad. You can not separate your game text search from other fields. It is a complete fail. Any search gives you a billion cards. It isn't so much of a problem right now but as the pool grows that site will need to massively change how it dose things, or be useless.

The BEST card search with out a doubt is Zorbecs Deck Builder

#13 camacazio

camacazio

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

cardgamedb.com has my deck-builder and card search of choice, but I never tried any others so there you go.

• la1cajun likes this

#14 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

CoolstuffInc.com has every single LOTR LCG expansion available currently.  Adventure Packs are $9.99 and saga/deluxe expansions are $19.99.  POD quests are $12.  Shipping isn't too bad either.  So if you buy at least a few expansions in your order you'll get a better deal than pretty much anywhere else.  So if you got the whole mirkwood cycle you would be looking at around $70.  If you bought the cycle it would be a lot more.  Here is the link 

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/

Khamul 

Edited by Khamul The Easterling, 17 February 2014 - 04:55 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS