Doom Track at ZERO?!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ironglaive

Ironglaive

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

Yes friends, tonight the boyz and I managed to get the doom track down to 1.   We started hunting to see what happens if you manage to get the doom track down to 0, and we could not find it anywhere.   Is there a consensus on what happens?

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

Well, if it happens during Final Battle, they say you win the game...

If it happens before Final Battle, I don't see the problem. Actually, it's not that impossible to achieve: setup Mythos with Barnabas Marsh being spawned and killed during turn 1.

I won a Dagon + Ybb game with her doom track at zero. And Tibs also should have done a zero-doom victory (Bokrug? don't remember, but he will)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

Nothing special, except that it can't go lower than zero.

I once managed to drive Yibb-Tstll down to zero before sealing her away. Insult to injury.

Edit: oh hey there Julia nice to see you

Edited by Tibs, 01 February 2014 - 10:20 PM.

#4 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:31 AM

I house rule the first round ignores the Mythos phase--that's more or less so I can have more fun with the Arkham Encounters and give the thematic sense of 'everything is normal (for Arkham) then BAM Ancient One'. That being said, yeah, I suppose if the Doom Track was ever taken back down to zero it's just a uber thumbs-up on your victory!

#5 Ironglaive

Ironglaive

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:59 AM

didn't get it there.  had it at one, then had an encounter spawn a gate at a sealed location and that sent the Innsmouth deep ones into a raving frenzy and BAM!  you lose!  Was fighting Ybb-istel (you know, the mountain of eyes one) and after calulating her combat rating, we were at -28 to hit her.  And that was funny.

#6 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

:laughter: yeah, totally insane

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS