'The Hunt' Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ocelot42

Ocelot42

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

This didn't come up, because I didn't roll high enough, but it could.

Presuming that 'The Hunt' is the alternative ending sitting on the board and I have fewer than the four needed cards to win the game:

If I defeat the Lord of Darkness by enough to move me to the Crown of Command... am I just stuck there?  The rules state you  can't leave the CoC once you've landed on that space, and I don't meet the victory conditions of the alternative victory.

What happens?

#2 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:19 AM

I don't like being able to reach CoC in this manner at all. :( :wacko: :angry:

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#3 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:42 AM

I had a game last night where we played with the Dungeon and the Hunt. The winner emerged from Treasure Chamber directly to the Crown of Command, of course AFTER having collected at least 4 Enemy Cards from the Nether deck.

If you challenge the Lord of Darkness when you can defeat him by 8+ and don't have fulfilled the victory conditions of the Ending, man, it's your fault. You move to the Crown and are stuck there for the rest of the game, since there's no way to leave the Crown except a few Spells, which are often dependant on the other players (Transference, Path of Destiny).

By the way, this condition is not new; it was possible with other Alternative Endings (Warlock Quests, Sacred Pool, Assassins' Guild).

#4 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

What Paolo said... :)

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#5 GrimGuvna

GrimGuvna

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

If it were my game I would rule that your character was killed and you would have to draw a new character.  At least that way you can still play instead of sat at side of the board bummed out.

#6 GrimGuvna

GrimGuvna

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

Another option came to mind.

Instead of teleporting to the CoC you take the next option down.  This seems fairer and you get to keep your character.  After all if you are powerful enough to get such a result it would be tragic to be punished for your capabilities in such a way.

It also makes sense in a way because the CoC would be impenetrable until the victory conditions were met. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS