woops! PCs AP too high...

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 segara82

segara82

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

The group coughed up the money for a real P.A. (8 instead of 7 armour), and a military grade powerpack for 24 hour duration. Her problem amongs others is that she is not as untouchable as she thinks she is, her supply of Bolter Shells is very limited, and the Techpriest will not always accompany them. Very soon the group will have to resort to more primitive gear and/or cc-weapons which do not require fuel/energy.

Courage is the mastery of fear - not the absence of fear

#62 doomande

doomande

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:19 AM

Do remember to introduce them to the composite bow at one point or another. While it is primitive is it also a basic accurate weapon as well, meaning bonus damage if you are lucky. Fun fun joy joy if you want to show them that they ain´t at all untouchable without getting all to tricksy. Sure one of the players do properly want to take it with him, but how many have the basic prim trait

• Angel of Death and Secutor 00K like this

Sure some say blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne... I say muffins for the muffin god! Derp for the master derper!

#63 Secutor 00K

Secutor 00K

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:19 PM

When I played a power armoured techpriest my GM used to make my character fall through wooden floors, or cause the stairs to collapse under the weight. It was really encouraging to not wear the armour 24/7
  • segara82 likes this

#64 Angel of Death

Angel of Death

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

Do remember to introduce them to the composite bow at one point or another. While it is primitive is it also a basic accurate weapon as well, meaning bonus damage if you are lucky. Fun fun joy joy if you want to show them that they ain´t at all untouchable without getting all to tricksy. Sure one of the players do properly want to take it with him, but how many have the basic prim trait

And don't forget basicly Silent!!

Ambush

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

#65 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:17 PM

I really see this as being more of something that a GM has to design the plot around. If a character is impervious to enemy x, he shouldn't be fighting enemy x as the main point of the scenario.

If you have a feral world adventure and players have power armour, simply design part of the plot so they can't walk around in their power armour. It would quickly tell feral-world heretics that something is up after all, since they;ve never seen this strange thing.

#66 Crispin

Crispin

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:52 AM

My players (rank 5) can withstand a single maxed cadian hellgun hit (1d10+4E, Pen: 7; S/3/-). I am at that point in the game where my problems is that I can either slightly wound the players with those pesky autoguns (if I roll good), or straight out kill them with some fancy weapons such as the hellgun even on a bad roll. So I really have to work my ass off to make it seem to my players as if they are fighting tooth and nail survive. Sometimes I even cheat on the rolls to make it more plausible.

Last session I threw down a spirit to try and possess the party should they intrude upon his shrine (a small filler I planned and nothing major). To my suprise the psyker failed (YES) and proceeded to absolutely murder the party, so he retroactively spent a fate point (his last!) not to kill them. But, since he spent it retroactively (with my permission), that didn't mean the spirit couldn't proceed to possess the tech priest, who to my delight, also failed the WP check. Needless to say, he too spent his last fate point to avoid possess. All in all, two players burned their FPs and one had to spend (I have a 4-6 players on my sessions) his for a reroll before they ran away from the shrine.

So I gave them 5 Corruption points for running away and leaving a spirit unchecked and dangerous to any other people (NPCs) when they come across it :D.

#67 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:47 AM

Get grappled by a mob of angry feral worlders.

Pray to the Emperor that your armour is fully enclosed and that they have nothing to break it open with.

Also, Radiation/corrosive weapons.

#68 segara82

segara82

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:54 AM

Fun times.

My group stumbled into the adventure form the GM kit, and at one point got drafted to help defending a section of the city wall against invaders. Humans with muskets on both sides, the attackers brought some ladders to storm the wall.
The look on the faces of my PCs was priceless as they were rushed up the wall, handed a musket and shown once how you load, aim and shoot.
Only one the present PCs (the Arbites) had the training and managed to hit every time.
The others looked somewhat dumbstruck and tried to shoot something but with little impact (pun intended).
So while they cowered down and reloaded they got talking and decided to not continue with such primitive tools.
The Sororitas boltered her first target into red mist (Righteous Fury) while the other whipped out their stub pistols and lasrifles. Needless to say they butchered the attackers.
And they made such sad faces afterwards about the spent bullets. No way to get more ^^

Afterwards they swore the officer in charge of the defence to secrecy to avoid complications.
He should just enjoy the laurels for his outstanding accomplishment.

Edited by segara82, 03 September 2014 - 06:01 AM.

Courage is the mastery of fear - not the absence of fear

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS