• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Okay so next combatis 2 gun servitors, one armed with a grenade launches with a couple of kracks and some frags, the second with a heavily flamer supported by three arbitrators in a winding collapsed building in the underhive. Throw in some pits and other hazards and hopefully we will have a tactical, threatening combat on our hands =D

Cheers for the info guys, been reading it all fearfully and I'll keep you posted on how the party finds my new challenges!

Ah, but here's the thing: won't that combo Auto-Kill the rest of your PCs who didn't MinMax? The non-Power-Gamers in your group shouldn't be punished because one guy decided to milk some broken rules...

• ColArana likes this

#22 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

Lord Nitpicker

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

I went with the wreckers as suggested by Gregorius in the thread I linked to earlier.

A bunch of guys with webbers to immobalize him, then run in with the las-cutter :D

The trick is to know your enemies. The guys springing the ambush know there is a highly armoured tech-priest, right? So they stick a mag-adhesive melta-bomb to his ass. Dodge that :D

Tarald - The Dark Lord of Smeg

My House Rules for using Only War (and more) for Dark Heresy games

#23 Quoth

Quoth

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

Mmmm, I wouldn't say it was outright unfair to the rest of the party. The krack user is set to target the tank and not waste its small number of rounds on the softer targets, the heavy flamer is as dangerous to all the party as it is to any individual and the others are mostly there to play cat and mouse and move the party through a dangerous maze where the risk is as high as your care is low. At least, that's the aim.
Great thing about kracks is no burst so they will (in theory) only affect the tank. One of the party uses a hand cannon with three of one round type and three of another, spending actions to skip rounds or alternating as he fires. I plan to do the same thing with the launcher with 3 krack and 3 frag.

Much as I would LOVE to strap a sticky melts bomb to his as, he might take offence =P

#24 ColArana

ColArana

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

Other suggestion (well, more an expansion of one I already gave):

Throw a Psyker with Weapon Jinx against the party. That power is the absolute bane of a Tech Priest-- it's literally stated in the power's description that Tech Priests strongly dislike Psykers with that power (more than usual) and for very good reason.

#25 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

Lord Nitpicker

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:05 AM

Much as I would LOVE to strap a sticky melts bomb to his as, he might take offence =P

That should be "his shiny, metal ass", and taking offence is kinda the point ;)

#26 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

This game needs "corrosive" weapons.. ;-)

#27 Quoth

Quoth

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:32 AM

Hell yes!

I tried talking my party into a similar thing to this but there was a bit of an uprising.

#28 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

If you want corrosive weapons you need a better/more viable economic subsystem.

#29 Cobramax76

Cobramax76

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

Surprised im the one to mention it but...simple answers...PLASMA GRENADES and MELTABOMBS/GRENADES..lol

#30 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

Lord Nitpicker

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:28 AM

Meltabomb stuck to the Tech-Priests Shiny Metal Ass is a very good idea. 

A trio of trained grapplers team up to pin him, one of the slaps the magno-and-glue-adhesive melta to his ass, and they manoeuvre him of the top of a staircase. The tech priests rolls down as the timer ticks, so he probably won't even have noticed the bomb, much less be able to remove it, and it takes him and the blast range conveniently away from the grapplers :)

I did this to the tech-priest in our group. It was hilarious. He lived...

#31 Quoth

Quoth

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

He lived...

Story of my life...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS