Crypt

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chemical22

chemical22

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

I think I've been doing this wrong for a long time, but did not realize it until I actually played the digital verison of Talisman.

I know that you treat each battle individually in the Crypt, however, we've always been playing that you do one battle per turn - which can result in someone being tied up on that square for 6 rounds. 

I now realize that all battles probably happen consecutively in one round.  Is that correct?

#2 Hunter Smith

Hunter Smith

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

If you are referring to the Pits, yes you keep fighting until either all are defeated, you are defeated or a stand-off (page 20 of rulebook).

Edited by Hunter Smith, 31 January 2014 - 11:03 AM.

#3 chemical22

chemical22

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

Oops yes.  Sorry I meant Pits, not Crypt.  Thank you for the correction.

And thanks for the response - I always interpreted this as 1 battle per turn.  I'm not sure why.

#4 Hunter Smith

Hunter Smith

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

If you do play that way, would give others players a chance to catch you, so can see the good in playing that way.

#5 GrimGuvna

GrimGuvna

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

As a side note, if someone pays the Mercenary whilst on the pits then his bonus will apply to all fights as it lasts for an entire turn.

However if you are defeated then you would have to repay him next turn.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS