Battle of Lake-Town Thematic Decks

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jkayati

jkayati

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

I'm looking at holding a series of Organized Play Events at my FLGS, and I'd like to run the Battle of Lake-Town for players who are interested in giving it a try.  While players could build their own decks in the attempt to beat this scenario, I'd like to provide two decks for players to use if they care to.

For the event, I'd like these decks to be thematically appropriate, but still have some chance of winning the scenario.  Anyone out there with advice on deckbuilding for this type of event?

I currently have Core 3x, Mirkwood Cycle, and the Saga expansions, but I'm not opposed to picking up new packs if needed.

Thanks in advance!

#2 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

how many players are you looking for?

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#3 jkayati

jkayati

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

I doubt I'll have a need for more than two.  So two decks it is.

#4 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

Well, if your looking for theme I would have to say you need to get Brand in it.. isn't Brand the guy that killed Smaug? Also the black arrow and Dwarves. I could make a deck list for you if you like but it is a very hard quest.
"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#5 IchabodtheShadow

IchabodtheShadow

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

Nah bard killed SMAUG, atleast google search lol.
X-wing miniatures: 5 TIE/LN, 2 TIE/ADV, 3 TIE/IN, 3 TIE/SA, 2 FIRESPRAY-31, 1 Lambda-class T-4A shuttle, 2 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 2 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK-290.

#6 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

google? **** those *****!... :P

Edited by booored, 30 January 2014 - 11:48 PM.

#7 IchabodtheShadow

IchabodtheShadow

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:09 AM

Whatever, any simple search engine can find things, I'm just saying.
X-wing miniatures: 5 TIE/LN, 2 TIE/ADV, 3 TIE/IN, 3 TIE/SA, 2 FIRESPRAY-31, 1 Lambda-class T-4A shuttle, 2 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 2 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK-290.

#8 jkayati

jkayati

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:39 AM

Bard the Bowman killed Smaug, so yes, I'm assuming he'll be there along with the Black Arrow and some heroes from the Hobbit Saga expansions.  I'm hoping for help in building a thematic deck that has a chance in this tough scenario.  It's not one I've tried before, so I was hoping for some guidance.

#9 IchabodtheShadow

IchabodtheShadow

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

It's a really hard quest, I don't usually go for theme but I like your idea. I'd think you'd want a lot of ranged characters, it's both thematic and if you have multiple players it's nice to always be able to attack Smaug regardless of where he is. Another idea is to go for a battle of the five armies theme and do a dwarf deck, a elf deck, a "men" deck including bard, and some sort of deck that include a lot of eagles. I've never beat battle of lake town by the way, town ALWAYS burns before I can win. Good luck
  • jkayati likes this

#10 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

Well, if your looking for theme I would have to say you need to get Brand in it.. isn't Brand the guy that killed Smaug? Also the black arrow and Dwarves. I could make a deck list for you if you like but it is a very hard quest.

Brand is Bard's grandson, so you're not far off!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS