Age of Rebellion beginner Game Release Date Query

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 copperbell

copperbell

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:05 AM

Amazon UK currently has two items listed under this heading, the first has a release date of April 18th but the description below makes it sound like an expansion to the Relic game and the other currently doesn't have a listed release date but is priced at £24.99 currently.

I was wondering if any of you know anything more about this?

Whether the April release is just a misprint and is actually a Relic expansion set or if they are both the same item, now I guess I ought to check the regular Amazon site as well!

Edit: Just checked, no sign... now that is odd!

Maybe both are wrong?

Edited by copperbell, 30 January 2014 - 05:08 AM.

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:15 AM

Empire had them. Finally. No more rebel annoyances disturbing the equilibrium of the new, established order.

(just kidding, no idea of what happened. Still, I hope we don't have to wait too long for this one)

Edited by Julia, 30 January 2014 - 05:16 AM.

• Castlecruncher likes this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

Never trust when Amazon says something will be released, particularly if it's an RPG product.

In short, when it's due to come out is unknown as FFG has yet to announce a street date.  I'd figure April would be a good time to release the AoRBB, assuming the AoR core rulebook will be getting an early May release (which was when the EotE core rulebook was originally scheduled to be released).

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#4 DavetheLost

DavetheLost

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

Q2 is listed under FFG's upcoming products.

#5 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

Q2 is listed under FFG's upcoming products.

Which sadly isn't a definite, as Suns of Fortune was originally listed as Q42013, but got pushed back to January (Q12014).  Q2 would be anywhere between April, May, and June, so that doesn't exactly narrow down when it will be released.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#6 DavetheLost

DavetheLost

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

Sad but true, and it still has an "in development" icon. Hopefully the FFG production department gets to say "Excellent, everything is unfolding just as we have foreseen it." Instead of "There is a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of gamers cried out and were suddenly silenced. "

#7 Internutt

Internutt

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

Never trust Amazon. If you want to know when an item is hitting the UK, check on Esdevium's website since they are the ones who give FFG stock to Amazon UK and local retailers. They are the only ones who know for certain when things are hitting the UK.

• copperbell likes this

#8 Castlecruncher

Castlecruncher

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

I've come to the conclusion that the generic release of products (in quarters) will all be one behind.

Quarter 2? Sorry, we meant to say Quarter 3.

• kaosoe likes this

"The five guards could have been a coincidence. An entire cargo hold of aliens, sprawled out, burnt, in neat lines, with horror still struck on their faces and children still clutching in death to their mothers and men standing valiantly but to no use in protection of their wives was not a coincidence. It was a massacre."

-The Horrors of the Empire http://community.fan...re/#entry989920

#9 Castlecruncher

Castlecruncher

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

Empire had them. Finally. No more rebel annoyances disturbing the equilibrium of the new, established order.

(just kidding, no idea of what happened. Still, I hope we don't have to wait too long for this one)

Quite right. Now we will have more spare time to get the new state-of-the-art Wookiee pelt coats from AAA (Alien Arts Association).

Edited by Castlecruncher, 04 February 2014 - 05:41 PM.

"The five guards could have been a coincidence. An entire cargo hold of aliens, sprawled out, burnt, in neat lines, with horror still struck on their faces and children still clutching in death to their mothers and men standing valiantly but to no use in protection of their wives was not a coincidence. It was a massacre."

-The Horrors of the Empire http://community.fan...re/#entry989920

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS