Nightmare Decks Info

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

Not to mention game night kits come with sick playmats. That sell on ebay for atleast $30. Seems like a great value, my flagstore will only order them for events to keep it legit, which I respect, but wish I could get those game night kits!

The playmats are pretty small though I heard

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#22 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

there is more of a challenge, but it isn't as hard as some of the other nightmare decks.

I like HFG. But is to easy to play now....so I was hoping for NM version.... tell me please is really no challenge there.....?

I would say Hunt for Golum Nightmare add the lest difficulty of the sets so far.

Oh yeah, the new encounter deck is way better than the original, I just think in level of "increased difficulty" it is increased the least with this pack. Though I think it is a great improvement to the original, witch is a quest I have always liked.

Yeah, they are useless. Also by the end of Darowdelf you would have like 6 of these useless things. There is a few good companies on the internet that make decent sized playmats in "mousepad" style I could get you the link for if you liked.

Edited by booored, 02 February 2014 - 05:26 PM.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#23 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

there is more of a challenge, but it isn't as hard as some of the other nightmare decks.

I like HFG. But is to easy to play now....so I was hoping for NM version.... tell me please is really no challenge there.....?

I would say Hunt for Golum Nightmare add the lest difficulty of the sets so far.

Oh yeah, the new encounter deck is way better than the original, I just think in level of "increased difficulty" it is increased the least with this pack. Though I think it is a great improvement to the original, witch is a quest I have always liked.

Yeah, they are useless. Also by the end of Darowdelf you would have like 6 of these useless things. There is a few good companies on the internet that make decent sized playmats in "mousepad" style I could get you the link for if you liked.

the play mats are standard play mat size for every other game i've seen (MTG, etc).

and no, some game night kits have come with a deckbox. there's no guarantee that it will always be a play mat with each game night kit. and they are of "mouse pad" quality.

i think the game night kits are a bargain - the price on the box is $25 - but i've heard of stores charging $30 or $35.

#24 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

bargain? Ridicules.

Edited by booored, 02 February 2014 - 06:03 PM.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#25 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:12 AM

bargain? Ridicules.

if the nightmare decks are $6.95 a pop (neither counting tax nor shipping) that is $20.85.

if i can get a game night kit - with a play mat and a poster (and months before anyone else) - for $25 - it's a bargain.

p.s. it's spelled "ridiculous."

Edited by Dain Ironfoot, 03 February 2014 - 05:49 AM.

• danpoage likes this

#26 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

Months before.. who gives a ****.. what is this a race?
Poster.. what are you 10? You put these up on your wall with blue tak and stuff over your bed?
they do not even cost 6 bucks... 5.60 I pay all the way over here in AU and in the US it is 5:40. lets say 6 then.. 6+6+6=18.. so at 30.. your nearly paying double.. and for what.. a bunch of crap

#27 Spurries

Spurries

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

bargain? Ridicules.

if the nightmare decks are $6.95 a pop (neither counting tax nor shipping) that is $20.85.

if i can get a game night kit - with a play mat and a poster (and months before anyone else) - for $25 - it's a bargain.

Stop feeding the Trolls ;)

• Dain Ironfoot likes this

#28 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

bargain? Ridicules.

Stop feeding the Trolls ;)

you'd think i'd know better - and i usually do.

but, it was late at night and perhaps i had a bit too much mead after killing orcs! ;)

• danpoage likes this

#29 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:05 AM

Ok in stupid idiot! My provider told me months ago he can bring NM part 2 but i think he talking about NM 1 which i have i i say i don't need…….. i can get it already long time ago!!!! just ordered now!!! around 1 week i will have it. Cannot wait!!!!

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#30 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:23 AM

aJTR baby.. that is the stuff.. hmmmmmm

#31 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

aJTR baby.. that is the stuff.. hmmmmmm

I never like it to be honest……race for eagle life is a bit boring and this quest is stand outside of others….. NM eagle will die faster probably…..

#32 Karlson

Karlson

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

I just thought I would comment and let everyone know that I recently ordered all nine of the nightmare quests and have had the chance to play through the first three this week.  I've done initial play experience write ups on my blog for the first two so far and will do one for Dol Guldur soon as well.  Check them out if you'd like to learn more about them!  (Caution: They obviously contain heavy spoilers!)

Nightmare Passage Through Mirkwood

Nightmare Journey Along the Anduin

#33 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

I know some people specifically asked me to give an in-depth spoiler of the last three Nightmare quests of the Shadows of Mirkwood cycle, so here's one for The Dead Marshes:

http://talesfromthec...e-dead-marshes/

• Glaurung and Glowwyrm like this

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#34 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

Very cool review thank you! I cannot wait for Dmarches NM!!!
  • Raven1015 likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS