First Battle

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Boomer65

Boomer65

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

I received a demo game about a week and a half ago and couldn't wait to play again.  So my daughter volunteered to give the game a try, so we took some time out of her snow day to play a game.  This was our first real game, so I thought we should play the Quick Start Rules for starters.  I was surprised at how much of the rules that I retained from my demo, but it just goes to show how easy this game is to learn. 

So as per the Quick Start Rules, we used two TIE Fighters (Obsidian Squadron Pilot and Academy Pilot) against one X-Wiing (Rookie Pilot).  My daughter selected the Imperials hoping to use her strength of numbers to win.  She was able to knock out my shields before I could destroy her first ship.  Her Academy Pilot was able to score a hit on my unshielded X-Wing, but I was finally able to wax her last TIE Fighter for the win. 

X-Wing Miniatures is definitely the funnest game I've played in a long time. 

• The_Brown_Bomber likes this

#2 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

nice one. i played a game with my 6yr old daughter yesterday - we had previously played with modified rules but when i asked he if she wanted to play the full rules she agreed and she coped well enough. it is such a simple game - the more advanced tactics can come later but the basics are easy to pick up. similar to u we played 2 academy + 1 rookie pilot. imperials won :)

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#3 Audio Weasel

Audio Weasel

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

What's the old saying, 5 minutes to learn, a lifetime to master?

• Lappenlocker likes this

Current Fleet:

Rebel: 4 A-Wings, 4 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290's, 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wing

Imperial:  3 Lambda Shuttles,  2 Firespray-31's, 3 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Bombers, 6 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Interceptors,   2 Imperials Aces, 

On Pre-order:1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 4 Z-95, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 TIE Defender, 4 E-Wing

#4 Lappenlocker

Lappenlocker

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

Thanks for posting this report. It's nice to see how people of all ages can enjoy this game. :)
Bob Bell, Wylie TX
Rebels: (5) X-Wings, (4) Y-Wings, (2) A-Wings, (2) B-Wings, (2) YT-1300s, (2) HWK-290s
Imperials: (9) TIE Fighters, (2) TIE Advanced, (2) TIE Interceptors, (2) TIE Bombers, (2) Lambda Shuttles, (2) Firespray-31s, (2) Imperial Aces

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS