Photo

Can we have liber fanatica in A format? And with hole-punch space?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Totsuzenheni

Totsuzenheni

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

I'm assuming FFG don't mind me posting questions about this publication here. I did not know how else to contact the liber fanatica team.

I'd really appreciate it if liber fanatica could also come in an A4 format. I can't get hold of 'letter' ( 8.5" x 11.0" ) size paper where i live. The closest size i can get is A4, which is slightly longer and narrower ( 8.3" x 11.7" ). Would this be possible?

( Incidently, i really quite like A5 size, in case you're thinking of making the page size smaller. )

Because i'd like to print out liber fanatica(e?) and put it in a file i need to hole punch them, but if i do then on some pages the holes cut out text. It would be really useful if liber fanatica left enough space on the margin to hole punch. Ideally i'd like to see a 1" or even 1.25" white margin, perhaps with a black mid height line, on the inside of the page. ( I'd like to avoid buying lots of plastic sleeves, because they're plastic, ruin the look of the page, and cost money. )

It looks like a good publication, and i appreciate how much work has gone into it. I realise that i'm requesting more of the contributors' time, but i suspect it won't take that much more time and it would greatly enhance the aesthetic and utility for me.

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

We don't really have anyone who can step up and do this right now, but if you'd like to volunteer, I can get you the file.

#3 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:58 AM

Hi Totsuzenheni,

If FFG had a problem with people enquiring about Liber Fanatica on these forums then they would have done something about it years ago.

Unfortunately as Jay says, we do not have anybody who can make these kind of changes to the publications free to do so at the moment. All of us who contribute to the site in one form or another are all busy with new material etc.

However if there is anybody who would care to conttribute their time to facilitating this, we would be more than happy for them to do so.

All the best,

Ralph

#4 Totsuzenheni

Totsuzenheni

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:39 AM

I'd certainly be happy to try. So how's this going to work? Can you message me details or should i message you my email? Is there any specific software you're all using or that i need to use? Perhaps i could give it a go with issue 9 to start with, to see if i can make it work and how much time it'll take me.

#5 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

I'd certainly be happy to try. So how's this going to work? Can you message me details or should i message you my email? Is there any specific software you're all using or that i need to use? Perhaps i could give it a go with issue 9 to start with, to see if i can make it work and how much time it'll take me.

Certainly go ahead and try it. Seems like a good plan.

#6 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:10 AM

Ralph, who has that original file?  I'll probably have you head up the direction on this, as it wasn't the issue I did.

Edited by Emirikol, 28 January 2014 - 08:12 AM.

#7 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

Herr Arnulfe will have the original file, as he always uploads them to the website.

I will get in touch with Jude tomorrow.

• Emirikol and Totsuzenheni like this

#8 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

Altering the issues so that they can be printed on a different size paper means starting from scratch. It is quite likely too big of a job for anyone. Another option is to print them in smaller size. Maybe 95% or even 90% of the original size and then cut out the "left over" white spaces where needed. I know this is not as good looking answer but I seriously doubt that someone has the time to go over the whole layout on several issues.

Or maybe you could print the files as book at Lulu.com or something similar?

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#9 Totsuzenheni

Totsuzenheni

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:54 AM

Printing them at a smaller size is pretty much what i'm trying to avoid.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS