Warloack quest.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AlbinoRhyno

AlbinoRhyno

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

I just want shed light on this, when you get a warlock quest it says you must compleat it as soon as you can, so if you get a quest that says lose one health, str, or craft/glod, do yo just lose one automaticly? or do you have to wait untill a other player or card says or makes  "you lose X"

Edited by AlbinoRhyno, 27 January 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#2 Artaterxes

Artaterxes

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

As soon as you can meet the conditions to complete the quest, you are forced to complete it. For quests that require you to sacrifice items, followers, gold, or other resources, you must sacrifice those resources immediately when you draw the quest and complete it as soon as you draw it - or if you don't have the resources, then you complete it automatically when you do.

For example, if your quests requires you to discard a magic object, and you have at least one when you get the quest, you have to discard it (you can choose if you have more than one). If you don't have any, you go off and play some more, and then when you get your first magic object, you have to discard it immediately (no matter how good it is). Then you teleport back to the Warlock's Cave and get your reward.

There's no "time limit," just that your items are taken away from you as soon as you have enough.

Also, remember you can't cross the portal of power if you have an incomplete quest! If you aren't playing an expansion with Warlock Quest Cards and are just rolling for quest, we like to put a die faceup on a character sheet showing the result (1-6) as a reminder of what quest they have.

#3 AlbinoRhyno

AlbinoRhyno

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

Thank you, thats what we figured, but what if the quest is to lose one life and you only have one life left? do you kill yourself for the quest, or wait till you get healed lose one life and go to warlock cave.?

#4 Artaterxes

Artaterxes

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

That quest (from the Frostmarch expansion) says you can only lose one life if you have at least two life. :)

#5 AlbinoRhyno

AlbinoRhyno

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

THANK YOU new to game and got all expations just tryign to rember rules

fd

#6 Rigmaster

Rigmaster

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:39 AM

Following this topic concerning quests I would like to add a few questions of my own.

1. I've always assumed that you can't win the game with a quest but lately I've been thinking that "not able to enter thrugh portal of power" doesn't mean "can't have a quest in the inner region" is just an old interpretation since before dungeon and other "back doors" to the crown. (I know there's always been the imp but somehow we always went out if he brought us in).

2. I've seen different oppinions on the matter of unwanted followers on this forum when it comes to fullfilling quests with them. What's the real deal. If you have to meet the requirements of a quest at once and only have the hag, can I ditch her? If I have both the maiden and the hag, can I then ditch the hag?

3. Last time we played I drew the "kill a dragon" quest. Then for the nest two hours the only dragon we drew were the mechanic. Dragon from the city deck. Now this is an enemy - construct and not an enemy - dragon so we figured this didn't meet the requirements of the quest. Is this correct? And following this logic the dragon in the cave, which by definition is a creature doesn't meet the requirement either. Same goes for, if my memory serves me and there are any, dragons in the dragon expansion which are defined as enemy -spirit. In short, we figure the quest card should read "kill an enemy-dragon".

4. Playing the sacred pool ending you inherit quest rewards. Does this mean that your new character can use them (i.e. "add 1 to your life value") or does it only count towards the four quest rewards needed to win the game?

5. If you get the quest reward "draw adventure carsd until you get a follower, and if you want and can you may keep it" and the first one you draw is the hag (or poltergeist or another "you must take" follower. Can you choose not to take it then? As the quest rewards says "may" and in my oppinion a quest rewards shouldn't be bad for you.

Thanks in advance for any answers and oppinions.
//R

#7 Artaterxes

Artaterxes

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

Hey Rigmaster, my interpretations:

1. Correct, you can enter the Inner Region with an incomplete quest provided you don't use the Portal of Power.

2. Any effect that applies to followers also applies to "bad" followers, so it can work to your advantage. This game doesn't distinguish between "good" and "bad," only those you "must" and "may" take. Followers you must take also cannot be ditched; otherwise they are treated identically to all other followers. If you only have the hag, you must ditch her if you have that Quest. If you have the Maiden and the hag, you can ditch the hag.

3. There is no official ruling, but considering that the rest of the cards and abilities refer to enemy subtypes, I believe you are correct that it would only affect cards with the enemy subtype dragon. The question is whether it refers to only enemies or all creatures. We play that it refers to all creatures, so the dragon in the Cave would count.

4. You can use Quest Rewards simply for their rewards.

5. Because you aren't encountering the Adventure Cards when you draw them (you're technically processing a Quest Reward), you don't need to deal with their text until it comes into your possession. I believe all followers drawn in this way would be optional, but you must resolve their text if you take them. If you draw and take the Familiar, for example, you would have to lose a life point after it comes into your possession.If you draw the Hag, you can refuse her. I don't think there is an official ruling, but this makes sense to me.

#8 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

1. I've always assumed that you can't win the game with a quest but lately I've been thinking that "not able to enter thrugh portal of power" doesn't mean "can't have a quest in the inner region" is just an old interpretation since before dungeon and other "back doors" to the crown. (I know there's always been the imp but somehow we always went out if he brought us in).

You're right, it's only about opening the Portal of Power. If you can find another way into the Inner Region you can still win the game.

2. I've seen different oppinions on the matter of unwanted followers on this forum when it comes to fullfilling quests with them. What's the real deal. If you have to meet the requirements of a quest at once and only have the hag, can I ditch her? If I have both the maiden and the hag, can I then ditch the hag?

What has been written on the forums are opinions. The only official rule that we have is from the FAQ:

All of the rules regarding Followers apply to these cards as well, except a character must take
the Followers if he encounters them and cannot choose to ditch them

Let's say you have the Maiden and the Jester (you can't have the Hag and the Maiden at the same time); according to the FAQ, you can't ditch the Jester but he is considered as a Follower for any other purpose. You can discard him to fulfill a Warlock Quest, or sacrifice him at the Vampire's Tower, etc...

There were different views on the subject before the FAQ was issued (I was among the ones who said that such Followers are the last option only), but now this is the Rule As Written.

3. Last time we played I drew the "kill a dragon" quest. Then for the nest two hours the only dragon we drew were the mechanic. Dragon from the city deck. Now this is an enemy - construct and not an enemy - dragon so we figured this didn't meet the requirements of the quest. Is this correct? And following this logic the dragon in the cave, which by definition is a creature doesn't meet the requirement either. Same goes for, if my memory serves me and there are any, dragons in the dragon expansion which are defined as enemy -spirit. In short, we figure the quest card should read "kill an enemy-dragon".

Both your assumptions are correct. The Clockwork Dragon is a Construct, not a Dragon. Just to tell a story, the first time I played with the City I bought Singe as a Pet, then was defeated by Clockwork Dragon and discarded Singe. I realised the mistake after the game was ended. :angry:

If you check the similar quests "Kill One Animal", "Kill One Monster", "Kill One Spirit", they obviously refer to Enemies belonging to a specific type. Having a Dragon in the Cave and a Spirit in the Crags doesn't mean a thing, they are creatures and could have been called "Mr.Flamestrike" and "The Spectre of Communism" instead. This would have helped avoiding such confusion.

4. Playing the sacred pool ending you inherit quest rewards. Does this mean that your new character can use them (i.e. "add 1 to your life value") or does it only count towards the four quest rewards needed to win the game?

The Alternative Ending says that when Quest Rewards are discarded they are turned facedown and are not removed from the game. When your character is killed, you may have both faceup and facedown Quest Rewards. Normal rule says that you must discard all your Quest Rewards after being killed, the Ending says to keep them.

The most logical way to handle this is to keep them exactly as they are: faceup remain faceup (and usable), facedown remain facedown (spent) and still count for the purpose of winning the game.

5. If you get the quest reward "draw adventure carsd until you get a follower, and if you want and can you may keep it" and the first one you draw is the hag (or poltergeist or another "you must take" follower. Can you choose not to take it then? As the quest rewards says "may" and in my oppinion a quest rewards shouldn't be bad for you.

This is a tricky one. The text on a card is applied when you encounter the card. You won't be encountering the cards that you draw with "A Favour Owed" Quest Reward, so if Cursed by a Hag is the first Follower drawn you may choose not to take the Follower. The punishment of getting no reward is bad enough, losing all of your Followers and getting the Hag is far too much.

Edited by The_Warlock, 28 January 2014 - 12:04 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS