Centurion warsuits for Deathwatch

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 pearldrum1

pearldrum1

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:44 AM

Power armor is armor that walks for you. Literally. It has a power back and synthetic musculature that walks for you, which is why when it powers down it requires enormous strength to even move it.

I would argue that it is not a vehicle because it doesn't move for the Marine of its own volition. The marine walks and it walks with him. Granted, at this point it is just semantics. If you want to use it as a vehicle, then use it as a vehicle, dog. I am just letting you know my opinion to the contrary.

Cheers.

#22 Marrok

Marrok

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:00 AM

Power armor is armor that walks for you. Literally. It has a power back and synthetic musculature that walks for you, which is why when it powers down it requires enormous strength to even move it.

I would argue that it is not a vehicle because it doesn't move for the Marine of its own volition. The marine walks and it walks with him. Granted, at this point it is just semantics. If you want to use it as a vehicle, then use it as a vehicle, dog. I am just letting you know my opinion to the contrary.

Cheers.

Thats all fine and dandy, and i get what you said now and before, but the simple fact is: you run you will get tired, you put on a suit that has legs that walk for you and it cant be considered a armour, but something that gets you from point A to point B (a.k.a. a vehicle) if you think you can make it an armour, try cuz honestly i think its easyer this way.(I mean wearing armour over armour, lol)

#23 pearldrum1

pearldrum1

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:57 AM

YO DOG, YOU NEED ARMOR ON YOUR ARMOR. PIMP OUT THAT ARMOR.

My legs get me from point A to point B... I have never considered them a "vehicle" until this moment. SEMANTICS.

#24 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

If you put armor on your legs that walks for you and moves your legs in the process, your legs are going to get tired at some point. 

#25 Marrok

Marrok

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:48 AM

If you put armor on your legs that walks for you and moves your legs in the process, your legs are going to get tired at some point. 

i dont think the warsuit uses leg movement, but to be honest i have no idea how a space marine in power armour fits inside the warsuit

#26 Roy Stone

Roy Stone

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

If I remember correctly....

The Space Marine folds his arms across his chest and steps into the suit. As you can see, his legs do not fill the suit legs

13.jpg18.jpg

Or not....sorry folks

Edited by Roy Stone, 30 January 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#27 pearldrum1

pearldrum1

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

I cannot see, ROY.

#28 Avdnm

Avdnm

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:47 AM

Here you can find a bit more on the topic with a pic from the back of the legs.

• pearldrum1 likes this

#29 Roy Stone

Roy Stone

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:41 AM

I cannot see, ROY.

It took several goes to get the image up. Will try again....

....you'll know if I succeed or not.

#30 pearldrum1

pearldrum1

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:47 AM

You've disappointed me in the past, Roy. 

... I don't know if I can go through that again... :unsure:

• Roy Stone likes this

#31 Roy Stone

Roy Stone

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:57 AM

You've disappointed me in the past, Roy. 

... I don't know if I can go through that again... :unsure:

Yeah, it's not working. Using the 360 from GW website but obviously I can't copy the URL. You can always visit their website and check it out yourself:

http://www.games-wor...Id=prod2160154a

#32 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

I am just gonna come out and say how much I hate this addition to 6e.

#33 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

In TT, it functions as infantry with a Wounds score of higher than 1.

If you want to convert it in the way that FFG has always done for such things (see: Tau Battlesuits and  Nemesis Dreadknights), you want to treat it as adding Wounds to the wearer. In general, FFG has converted TT Wounds in excess of 1 to RPG Wounds in a 1 : 30 ratio. So, IIRC the TT rules for this silly suit correctly, it should add 30 Wounds to the wearer.

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 30 January 2014 - 10:31 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS