• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 laiyna

laiyna

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:49 AM

Hi,

Made a secrecy Trap Deck, but not completely happy how it works. I have 2 cards to much, so I want to cut it down a little bit. Also looking for some suggestions how to advance it :)

Hobbit Trapdeck

Hero (2)
Sam Gamgee (TBR) x1
Pippin (TBR) x1

Ally (20)
Anborn (TBoG) x3
Dunedain Wanderer (RtR) x3
Ithilien Archer (EaAD) x3
Ithilien Tracker (HON) x3
Bill the Pony (TBR) x3
Keen-eyed Took (THoEM) x3
Warden of Healing (TLD) x2

Attachment (26)
Fast Hitch (TDM) x3
Dunedain Warning (CatC) x3
Hobbit Cloak (TBR) x3
Forest Snare (Core) x2
Ithilien Pit (EaAD) x3
Poisoned Stakes (TBoG) x3
Ranger Spikes (HON) x3
Resourceful (TWitW) x3
Boots from Erebor (KD) x3

Event (6)
Forest Patrol (AoO) x3
Timely Aid (TRG) x3

In general if I get one of my secrecy cards in my start hand, I will do oke, resourceful on pippen asap.

Laiyna

Edited by laiyna, 26 January 2014 - 05:50 AM.

#2 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

If it's suggestions you want, here's a few:

With a trap deck you will want to know what is coming right?
So you will know what trap to play, if any.
Add scrying cards like: henemarth & risk some light.
Both are really powerfull, and risk some light is a perfect fit, as it is a secrecy card.

Drop keen-eyed took & erebor boots for them is my advice.

Also, forest patrol has almost never been useful while I've tried playing it.
It is a very occasional card IMO.
With all the trap you got to beat foes,I think you would struggle with locations?
I'd recommend adding some willpower boosting cards, like faramir.
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#3 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

In a deck that has 26 attachments you will be wanting to have Master of the Forge x3, so i would drop keen eyed took.

Having 3 copies of some of the unique cards might be a bit much. i would probably only have 2 Bill the Pony in the deck and 2 Boots of Erebor for your Hp bonus if you feel you really need to buff HP. That would would cut 2 cards.

If you get master of the Forge going early, you will be grabbing lots of key attachments early, so you really don't need 3 copies of some cards like Hobbit cloak. 2 would probably be fine, probably the same with Poisoned spikes and Ithillien pit.

Also, Leadership resources are going to be piling up, so a copy of song of wisdom , could really help pay for the multitude of lore cards in the deck. I would then also drop in a burning brand if Sam is you main defender.

I would probably just swap out forest Patrol for Darons Runes, but if you want it in there for the trap theme then figure out how to get DR in the deck and maybe a protector of Lorien to be able to discard unique cards that become dead in your hand. A copy of PoL on Sam for an extra quest or def boost can be real handy at times.

A few more things. Ranger Bow! Perfect for your Ithilien Trackers. I would probably drop 1 Ithilen Archer. I would probably have 1 or 2 copies of Faramir ally in the deck. Awesome ally and will fit nice with the ranger theme in the deck. You cold probably drop 1 Anborn and 1 Wander to include him.

Hope that helps.
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#4 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

We are changing half your deck here, but here is another.
How about dropping Dunedain warning? You already have hobbit cloak.
Gives you 3 more slots to add tracker1's recommended cards,which are good.
Lastly, how about steward of Gondor for pippin?
This will let you play all the expensive lore cards no problem.

#5 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

trap decks need Denator or Riversong, better to have both.
"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#6 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

If your not finding pippin card draw working for you, i would try either, Bifur or Denethor. Bifur is real nice, because Sam can always give him a resource, you will be able to play a 2 cost card like Ranger spikes first round. Denethor as said above, could also be good, but you lose the 2 wilpower of the other options.
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#7 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

You do loose will, but you gain a blocker and most importantly you get a way to scry the encounter deck.. witch is the entire point of a trap deck.

Denathor / Pipen / Dunehere is my choice for solo trap deck at the moment and can beat most sets with out breaking a sweat. I'm experimenting with Hirluin instead of Dunhere at the mo and the deck is really changing and not sure if ti si better, but it also dose very well
"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#8 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

Interesting hero combinations booored.
Would you mind posting the hirluin deck?

Dunhere easily seems like a good fit, attacking the staging area and all; yet I've always used spirfindel, and bifur instead of pippin.

I'm really curious here how you managed to get hirluin to fit in there though.

#9 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

As I said it is a bit of a experiment. Mainly due to the ability to cast outlands of any colour and has a native leadership resource for steward of gondor, CStone and Marks. This one works on Great Yew Bow attaching to him to turn him into Dunhere. It is slower to start as you have to dig the bow but when you get the set up ready it can handle much larger cards quicker, using traps to control the staging area while you wait, and it seams to score better in the long run. It uses Minstril to get song of battle. Still it is a bit clunky and can not handle the rwal fast starting quests... yet, but fun to try. I'll post a deck when I have played some more if you like, it is still in flux..as in every game it is tweaked.

Edited by booored, 28 January 2014 - 04:22 PM.

#10 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:26 AM

Yes, please post it when you have it fine tuned to your liking.
As I really like trap decks.

#11 laiyna

laiyna

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:43 AM

I mostly play with 2 more people, and that makes my draw work perfectly, I get almost all turns 1 extra card.

Forest Patrol works great, only bad thing about it, is that I can only put 3 of them in it :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS