Flash Energy Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rabarno

rabarno

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

Is the only difference between energy cards and flash energy is the flash energy cannot be used for movement, but a regular energy card can?

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:13 AM

Yes. Flash energy are only usable to boost spells.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 rabarno

rabarno

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:10 AM

Thanks for answering my question.

#4 phantomwhale

phantomwhale

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

Do we know if there are any plans to "backport" flash energy to the original spellbooks ? One of the overpowering things in the original game for me has been using energy to boost movement, so this semi-fix would be good if it applied to all existing spellbooks, and not just the three new ones.

#5 Giantcavecrab

Giantcavecrab

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:06 AM

Do we know if there are any plans to "backport" flash energy to the original spellbooks ? One of the overpowering things in the original game for me has been using energy to boost movement, so this semi-fix would be good if it applied to all existing spellbooks, and not just the three new ones.

The 'Optional Rule' in Malefic curses rules adendum is that you can 'switch out' (if all players agree) certain energy cards from spell books and replace them with flash energy.

I liked Flash energy for the reasons above.  We had far less speedy gonzales play (lots of games are won by the fast player who cant be caught) and I found the flash enegy made us 'Deal with' one another in our games more.

Actually on the whole im rather impressed with the whole expansion.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS