how long

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tath

tath

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

if a tech-priest or explorer were to make some thing like a suit of void sealed flack or carapise armor how long would it tack if he had evry thing he needed

#2 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

I came up with some very rough rules for my Explorator that you can find here. Ultimately there are no rules for crafting something, so the player who wants to craft and the GM should sit down and talk about what's reasonable.

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#3 Fortinbras

Fortinbras

• Members
  • 440 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

There are rules for extended tests and how successes/failures modify it, though you'd have to set up the base time yourself.  I tend to take a more elastic view of time unless a ticking bomb or a star that's going supernova in a few weeks is a factor.

#4 WilliamAsher

WilliamAsher

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

Inquisitor's Handbook has rules for crafting, which I have adapted into my game.  Main difference is the cost of buying the components is 1 step less if you are using Tech Use (and an STC if greater than Rare), or 2 steps less if you are using Trade: Armourer/Wright/Chymist...  A typical explorator in a RT game can make anything Rare or lower availability without an STC (assumed to be common designs they have STCs for or something they have done before).  Higher rarity will require the STC (same cost as 100-2000 of the item, depending on commonality of design...lascannons may be Very Rare, but the STC probably isn't that rare).  Our Rogue Trader can turn out a Best Quality Plasma Gun (Difficulty -30) in a few weeks.  He has a Best Quality lab and a 78 base skill (including cyberware), +20 from the lab. 

#5 Amazing Larry

Amazing Larry

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:10 AM

Kinda depends on the facilities, there's a difference between everything needed and everything wanted. However assuming you had all the materials which is kind of a big if unless you're on a mining vessel with a manufactorum, anyway assuming you had the materials but were just working with the standard machine shop every ship would have some variation of and not a specialized starship componant for the purpose I'd say your average explorator could probably crank such a thing out in about a week. So not at all a bad side project during a warp journey.

As for the rarity of the materials I think that depends far more on where you are than anything else, but they should be vastly more abundant than the finished product if they are available or hardly available at all depending on where you are.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS