#141 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:26 AM

So, for those of you that have flown this list:

X2 BH with RecSpec and Seismic
OGP with Vader

What did you think of the list? Was Vader very effective for you? Who did your opponent's target early? How easy was it to get your seismics off?

I'm looking at a similar list with one variation that will make it fly very differently, and I'm curious to see what others have done with this in the past.

I play this squad just last night, and I got absolutely rolled by Biggs w/ R2-D2, 2 naked Daggers and a naked Red Squadron. He immediately dived at the shuttle to negate Vader's damage output, and except for taking two shields off the Red and critting him with Vader, the shuttle did nothing. Both seismic charges went off for 1 damage against both B-wings (total of 4 damage for 4 points... not bad) but by the time the second charge went off, both X-wings and my other BH were dead. I managed to last to take the final B-wing down to 2 hull left, but the list just didn't go off. I want to try it again, as I blame placement for the early, unanswered death of the shuttle, but I figured I'd relate my experience with it. 3 large bases is hard enough to fly around an asteroid field, it's even worse when on of them can't maneuver for crap (granted, the shuttle stopped turn 1, 1-greened turns 2 and 3, and was dead before turn 4)

#142 JasonVoorhees

JasonVoorhees

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

I like the idea but as a whole the lack of the engine upgrade on the shuttle makes it tough to maneuver. I like the Buzzsaw shuttle much more in this approach it does force you to run both of those Firsprays pretty much naked, but the ships themselves are capable of doing the damage to anything that decided to ignore it and target the shuttle instead.

Imperial: 11 TIE Fighters, 2 TIE Advanced, 4 TIE Interceptors, 2 TIE Bombers, 3 Firespray-31s, 3 Lambda Shuttles
Rebel: 6 X-Wing, 3 A-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 2 B-Wing, 2 YT-1300, 2 HWK-290s

#143 Slimjim

Slimjim

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

I am going to be trying out

Buzzsaw x2
BH + Recon Spec
100pts
  • The_Brown_Bomber likes this
Steve Coulterman,
Quebec City, QC, Canada
Galactic Empire: 6 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE/Advanced, 3 TIE/Interceptor, 1 TIE/Bomber, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda-Class Shuttle
Rebel Scum: 2 X-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 YT-1300

#144 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

Buzzsaw x2
BH + Recon Spec
100pts

post ur results. that looks interesting. lots of hp. it should be competitive versus a swarm imo but it would be a hard fight.

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#145 phild0

phild0

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

So I finally ran another buzzsaw shuttle. I ranjendon w/fcs, gunner, WE,engine5x academyI lost on time but really had fun with the list. Jendon was largely ignored as enemy decided to shoot my academy pilots. Jendon did good damage and the TL tricks he can pull with engineer, fcs.and gunner are awesome.The next buzzsaw I want to try is scarlet cow girl.

I think I'll give that variation a try! I hadn't thought of Jendon yet, I went with Howlrunner and an omicron instead.

#146 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

So I finally ran another buzzsaw shuttle. I ranjendon w/fcs, gunner, WE,engine5x academyI lost on time but really had fun with the list. Jendon was largely ignored as enemy decided to shoot my academy pilots. Jendon did good damage and the TL tricks he can pull with engineer, fcs.and gunner are awesome.The next buzzsaw I want to try is scarlet cow girl.

I think I'll give that variation a try! I hadn't thought of Jendon yet, I went with Howlrunner and an omicron instead.

FCS, Gunner, and Weapon Engineer play very well with Jendon. It's amazing how well PS 1 academies draw fire from other ships.

#147 Slimjim

Slimjim

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:09 AM

Buzzsaw x2
BH + Recon Spec
100pts

post ur results. that looks interesting. lots of hp. it should be competitive versus a swarm imo but it would be a hard fight.

Fail. I went up against BBXX and the b's both had HLC I wasn't able to focus the B's like I wanted to. I flew as best I could and in the end it came down to a dog fight between a Buzzsaw with just 2 hull against a 3 shield 3 hull B, I couldn't flank him oh well it was fun.
Steve Coulterman,
Quebec City, QC, Canada
Galactic Empire: 6 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE/Advanced, 3 TIE/Interceptor, 1 TIE/Bomber, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda-Class Shuttle
Rebel Scum: 2 X-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 YT-1300

#148 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

Buzzsaw x2
BH + Recon Spec
100pts

Fail. I went up against BBXX and the b's both had HLC I wasn't able to focus the B's like I wanted to. I flew as best I could and in the end it came down to a dog fight between a Buzzsaw with just 2 hull against a 3 shield 3 hull B, I couldn't flank him oh well it was fun.

hmm, im seeing 2, 3 or even 4 B-Wings in lots of competitive rebel lists now. their high durability can be a real problem - especially if the group together and focus fire on you at med-close range. if ur left with the shuttle as ur last ship - even if its got engine upgrade im afraid its likely game over :(

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#149 jasonkw

jasonkw

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

I ran this with some success the other night:

Krassis Trelix (36)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Stealth Device (3)

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

Total: 100

And I've been thinking of changing it up to include Jendon to hand out target locks: 

Krassis Trelix (36)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Gunner (5)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Colonel Jendon (26)
Fire-Control System (2)
Weapons Engineer (3)
Rebel Captive (3)

"Dark Curse" (16)

Total: 100

Rebel: A-Wing (x2), X-Wing (x4), YT-1300 (x1), Y-Wing (x1), B-Wing (x1), HWK (x1)
Imperial: TIE Fighter (x7), TIE Interceptor (x2), Firespray (x1), Lambda Shuttle (x1) TIE Bomber (x1)

#150 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

I'm starting to think of shuttles as a good, better, best (but it will cost you) in the various builds.

The Doomshuttle (omicron + vader) is good, it does very good damage but it is sacrificial. On the flip side it costs 24 points.

The Buzzsaw (omicron +fcs, gunner, engine) is better, it does good damage and wont hurt itself and has moderate maneuverability. It comes in at 32 points (a great comparison to the Bounty Hunter)

The Dogfighter (omicron + sensors, HLC, engine) is best. It has the highest damage potential and maneuverability, but you have to pay for it. It costs 35 points to start.

They each are strong in similar areas, but depending on how many points you have available you might need to go cheaper to fit it into your squad.

#151 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

• Members
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

Multi-Bwing seems the bane of this list and many others.  I'm begining to think they have about 1hp too many, it can face down 2 interceptors at range 1 and survive even if they roll all hits with a single evade.  They can also face down 4 tie fighters at range 1 and escape alive unless they roll all hits.  It's making life really really hard on 3-4 ship lists even if those lists are packing 3 dice to start if they don't roll perfect in the engagement round. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS