I've been hyping the shuttle for weeks now and I feel wrong not flying it at my store championship coming up in less than 2 weeks. There's gonna be a lot of good players from out of state coming in. I need to win it for my city.
I was gonna fly 2a3b because it's stronk as hell but I'm a surgeon with the shuttle.
- shuttle for the win! lots of good choices. doomshutttle or buzzsaw or both. SableG has an omicron/omicron/capt yorr sqaud that would be good in the hands of a surgeon. i think it uses 3x buzzsaw loadout (32pts, 32pts, 36pts - Yorr has intell agent as well).
- if ur pairing shuttle with firespray u have a choice of double BH or single BH or single name pilot - if u know ur meta u can probably make an informed decision about what mix will do best.
- im personally a lil nervous about running 3 big-base ships unless ur a pro with moving them.
- BH + recon specialist or name pilot + expert handling is the way id go with 2 cheap tie-fighters.
- another option u have is going with doomshuttle paired with lots tie-fighters
- ive even heard good results with a mix of intercepters and ties paired with the shuttle eg. buzzsaw + Turr/PTL + backstabber + 2 academy pilots (see battle reports)
- if ur not worried about running low PS u could load up a HLC on a BH or Krassis - its not very subtle and will require mad hit and move piloting but why not?
For starters... Ignore the meta. It's a silly term and has been since i heard it being said about RPG's. The meta game is part of the game. Play what you're comfortable with and go from there.
What am i comfortable with:
#1 9-3 (Originally I thought i was taking this to worlds)
Jonus w/ PTL, Concussion
Gamma w/ Assault
Saber w/ PTL
Dogfighter Shuttle (OGP w/ Sensors, Engine, Rebel Captive, HLC)
Howlrunner w/ PTL
Things I want to practice because they look really fun:
Jendon w/ FCS, Gunner, Engine, Weapons Engineer (normally known as a buzzsaw, I like WE on mine even without Jendon.)
Fun #2 (my earlier suggested firespray combo)
Saber w/ PTL
BH w/ Recon (although I'd consider rebel captive...)
Doomshuttle (nice because every other ship fires first for pulling shields of ships)
Fun #3 (Because I love Expert Handling like I love bacon...)
Kath Scarlett w/ EH, and (Seismic or Merc CoPilot, Thoughts? Seismic is more damage but EH would let you barrel Roll to range 3 for copilot)
Saber w/ PTL
Dogfighter Shuttle OGP w/ Sensors, Engine, HLC, Rebel Captive
As far as Firesprays, I can't play Krassis. He almost has to have HLC and HLC does not jive with how i fly my Firesprays. I'd say I spend 60%+ of my time firing from my rear arc attempting to draw enemies into chasing me.
Looks like Doug Kinney (Hothie) and Aaron Bonar (Kinetic Operator) are going to come in from Iowa and Nebraska along with a bunch of other good Nebraska players. Gotta defend Kansas City!