• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hnakkabuff

hnakkabuff

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

I was reading up on the Introvert mental pattern when I came accross this line:

"When the mentalist uses one of his Psychic Powers on himself he gets a +40 bonus to Psychic Potential and does not require a Psychic Projection check; he automatically scores a hit."

the "automatically scores a hit." line confuses me since self only abilities do not require a projection roll... but does that mean that self only powers like the various shields get an automatic success? That seems to me to be overly powerful.

Is the translation off or does it refer to something else?

I'm really confused.

#2 Rudeboygraves

Rudeboygraves

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:15 AM

My guess is that it is just extra wording. Shields do not get automatic success you have to roll the projection against the attack.

#3 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

I agree with Rudeboygraves. Introvert would usually be taken by a Psy/Warrior taking Physical Increase, so Projection rolls are unnecessary.

#4 hnakkabuff

hnakkabuff

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

Yup, I found that to be the case, but I also found out by looking at the Projection chart that you need a roll of "Routine" in order for the power to affect yourself, which is 20 so it's rather trivial save for the times you roll a 1 to 3 on the d100, and introvert takes that out of the equation.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS