Photo

An X-Wing report featuring ion turrets and Kir Kanos!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Ashram

Lord Ashram

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

DSC_0043.JPG

Hey all!

Got in a game with a buddy tonight, using a pair of Y-Wings with ion turrets.  Did they pay off?  Come on by and give it a read (and give the eye candy a look!)

Thanks for coming by!

• The_Brown_Bomber, JCDisaray and PS10 like this

#2 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

nice. gr8 to see some more people posting reports.

i think most imperial players that use intercepters and tie-fighters really respect the power of ion cannons which tend to downgrade the intercepter/ties incredible agility to merely average :)

• Lappenlocker likes this

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#3 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

• Members
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:47 AM

Agreed. I'd like to think you wouldn't get more than one hit past an interceptor's defence most of the time anyway, so the area-arc coverage of Y-wings makes them a superb craft against 'ceptors because there just aren't any blind spots to hide in.

Superb flying with the rookie, too.

#4 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:30 AM

Great use of the K-Turn, so many people are afraid of using it because of the stress token, but if it gets you out of a fire arc and then allows you a shot back it is a powerful tool.

It seems so many players think that not having an action is so bad you must avoid it.

Edited by Englishpete, 24 January 2014 - 07:31 AM.

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#5 Obi Juan Kenobi

Obi Juan Kenobi

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

Liking the report, the photos made the story flow. I have made that hung-ho mistake once before as well on the first go, going for target locks instead of being cautious, I won't be doing it again!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS