" Fel's Wrath" Worth it or not?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 rebelscum84

rebelscum84

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

I also think that the ability does not work against lower skilled pilots because 'Fel's wrath' shoots first, he won't be shooting again if the lower skilled pilot kills him.

*correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct. His turn of attacking would be over at that point so there would be no chance of even trying to bring anyone down with him. Useless pilot. Could have been made better.
  • BattlePriest likes this
Imperial: T.I.E. Interceptor (2) T.I.E. Fighter (4) Lambda Class Shuttle (1) Firespray-31 (1)

Rebel: X-Wing (2) Y-Wing (2) YT-1300 (1) B-Wing (2) A-Wing (2) HWK-290 (1)

#22 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

I also think that the ability does not work against lower skilled pilots because 'Fel's wrath' shoots first, he won't be shooting again if the lower skilled pilot kills him.

*correct me if I'm wrong.

Your correct, if Fell's Wrath is killed by a PS 4 or lower ship.  It is worth pointing out that he has the lowest PS of any Interceptor pilot.

• BattlePriest likes this
Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#23 BattlePriest

BattlePriest

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

Thank you all for confirming.

#24 bobbywhiskey

bobbywhiskey

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:02 AM

Arvel isn't great by any means, but i believe is playable in the right squad situation. For example if oyu have an ion turret and get something that moves after him, he can move to where you know the target will be and have his action so he's not naked and destroyed. The problem people have with him is they charge him into some academy pilot so he doesnt have an action and gets obliterated by the 5 ties behind him.

Fel's wrath i think is beyond saving.

#25 DraconPyrothayan

DraconPyrothayan

• Members
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

Considering that Fel's Wrath is going up against a clearly better Interceptor Pilot with the same cost (Lieutenant Lorrir with his beautiful banking barrels), it's safe to say that he'll never get played again.

...Not that he was played before. You might as well have taken a Saber with Veteran's Instinct for a pilot with 1 more PS for 1 point CHEAPER.

Hell, now you can do it for the same cost with a Royal Guard, and have a level 8 with no EPT left an no pilot ability, vs the level 5 with arguably the worst ability in the game.

• bobbywhiskey and rebelscum84 like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS