I played this squad today:
S.A.S Patrol - Slave-Academy-Shuttle [99pts]
Bounty Hunter + HLC + Recon Specialist (43)
Omicron Group Pilot + FCS + Gunner + Engine Upgrade (32)
Academy Pilot (12)
Academy Pilot (12)
Semi-Epic Chewie [100pts]
Chewbacca + Falcon Title + Gunner + Expert Handling (50)
Blue Squadron Pilot + Adv. Sensors (25)
Rookie Pilot + R2D2 (25)
A quick comment about players and ship choices... rebels were controlled by two newish players (one had played before and took control of Chewie, the other was new to X-Wing but was a tabletop gamer and sw fan who changed the original Epic Chewie squad of two B-Wings to an X-Wing+R2D2.
- asteroids were placed in a fairly tight cluster in the centre of the play area.
- from my point of view I placed my shuttle in bottom left corner and BH in far right angling back into the asteroid ring.
- Chewie was placed top right, B and X were central will all rebel ships angled slightling towards the centre of the play area.
- My BH takes a hit from Chewie, then BH lines up a HLC shot on the B-Wing and rolls 3hits and a focus, my recon specialist kicks in and makes it 4 hits!
- The shuttle and both tie fighters hit the wounded B-Wing hard and take it down, it returns fire but misses. Whew.
- Chewie gives chase on my BH, he lands on an asteroid but still has the BH cornered - that 360 firing arc is impossible to get away from!
- My shuttle tries to boost out of the asteroid field and circle around to the rear of Chewie but a bad mistake puts it on a rock - both of us miss our actions and my Shuttle takes a damage.
- My BH dispatches the X-Wing and arcs back to face Chewie.
- My BH wanted to K=Turn and come back behind Chewie but there isnt enough board in the corner so he sharp turns to the middle instead.
- Its looking like a one sided victory for the
rebels imperials. All imperial ships link up and give chase as chewie speeds back to the rebel edge of the board.
- Its now 4 imperials against Chewie!
- Chewie lays down some nice rear cover fire as the tie-fighters speed to cut off his escape. He destroys one academy and heavily damages the other.
- An untimely overlap of the Shuttle into the BH prevents the shuttle from opening up all thrusters and boosting.
- Chewie takes a few more damage from a long range shot from the BH and the remaining tie-fighter and he is on 4 hull when he escapes over the rebel edge of the map. VICTORY to the Empire!
- My imperial squad performed well, l liked having a mix of ship types but I can see how my low Pilot Skill scores could be an issue versus certain squads. I traded a higher PS Slave1 Pilot (Krassis or Bobba Fett) for that HLC.
- This game showed that Slave1 and Shuttle can actually complement each other rather well.
- Interestingly u really appreciate how good the Slave 1's movement dial is after flying the shuttle.
- Recon Specialist combined with HLC is pretty devastating. Its a 10pt investment but it packs a big punch, with HLC plus recon specialist's extra focus is great as the BH can focus on offense to power up the potential damage from rolling 4 attack die AND keep a focus for defense. Nice!
- My two Academy Pilots did quite a bit of damage and there were times during this game when they could switch roles from sniper to blocker which really helped this squad operate optimally.
Edited by The_Brown_Bomber, 23 January 2014 - 02:06 PM.