Game Chambers

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 R2builder

R2builder

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:31 AM

Hey everyone. I have been looking through the forum, and one thing I have noticed is that we share a ton of ideas, but there are no photos. So I propose we share some pictures of our gaming areas, if not our groups. I wager that almost everyone here has a smart phone/camera phone. So take a snapshot and show us where the magic happens for your group!! Be it a basement, living room, common room or whatever. It can also help inspire people to set up their gaming areas to help facilitate their games better. Akin to the topic of session materials and organization. So here is my gaming area in my Attic. Please let me know if you guys think this is a good idea or a bad one! Thanks

R2

IMG_0142_zpscbfa8136.jpg

• Logan Ambrose, Sturn, UHF and 8 others like this

Please check out our group and leave comments at: https://edge-of-the-...dianportal.com/

#2 CaptainRaspberry

CaptainRaspberry

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

I think this is a great idea! Unfortunately, I'm just running my game over Roll20 right now, and my computer's looking a bit sad at the moment. When we have our first in-person game I'll have to take a picture and share.

(I'm mostly making this post so I can find this thread again.)

Sic transit gloria.

#3 Yivrael

Yivrael

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:57 AM

Are those name tags for proper seating? lol good stuff man.

#4 R2builder

R2builder

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:32 AM

LOL. Yes they are name tags. our group is still new and getting to know each other. Last week we had a brand new member join us, so I figured it is hard enough to remember everyone's name and character name I made name tags for everyone with their first name, character name, and career and Spec. And yes, I did assigned seating :P  I had my Attorney at RAW at the opposite end of the table to help out some of the other newer guys. It seemed to work out really well. 

Please check out our group and leave comments at: https://edge-of-the-...dianportal.com/

#5 CaptainRaspberry

CaptainRaspberry

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

LOL. Yes they are name tags. our group is still new and getting to know each other. Last week we had a brand new member join us, so I figured it is hard enough to remember everyone's name and character name I made name tags for everyone with their first name, character name, and career and Spec. And yes, I did assigned seating :P  I had my Attorney at RAW at the opposite end of the table to help out some of the other newer guys. It seemed to work out really well. 

Better than at the table where I play. Granted, most of us already knew each other, but it was tough when our player and character nametags were only in Aurebesh.

• kaosoe likes this

Sic transit gloria.

#6 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

I never broke the RAW! I AM THE RAW!
  • Jegergryte and RLogue177 like this
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point if EU.

#7 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

I fought the RAW and the RAW won...

• Talley Darkstar, Jegergryte, RLogue177 and 4 others like this

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#8 Talley Darkstar

Talley Darkstar

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:20 AM

I fought the RAW and the RAW won...

:groan: :rolleyes:

We walk the line between life and death.  Endure the pain of choices we have to make and survive the battle to take back our lives.  We are soldiers and we will fight.

http://steamcommunit...talley_darkstar

#9 polyheadronman

polyheadronman

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:43 AM

This topic is quickly becoming a RAW deal.

"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

#10 R2builder

R2builder

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:24 AM

This topic has quickly died  :ph34r:

I'm sorry I brought up RAW now.  ;)

So it looks like no else wants to share where they game.  :huh:

#11 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:29 AM

I really wish I had a real-life group and something as amazing as this... D:

This topic has quickly died :ph34r:
I'm sorry I brought up RAW now. ;)

So it looks like no else wants to share where they game. :huh:

I think the opening was a bit daunting. I doubt most could afford anything as nice as that.

Edited by Fgdsfg, 24 January 2014 - 05:30 AM.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#12 PrettyHaley

PrettyHaley

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

This topic is quickly becoming a RAW deal.

It's gotten awfully Scooby Doo in here...

Edited by PrettyHaley, 24 January 2014 - 05:47 AM.

• Talley Darkstar and polyheadronman like this

- Haley

#13 R2builder

R2builder

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:49 AM

Thanks. I'm old and have been collecting for ever.  :rolleyes:  But my intent isn't about who has better toys, but about showcasing what people do have, and maybe helping them get ideas on how they can better set up their play area. I have played in some very uncomfortable areas before that were not conducive to gaming at all, So just trying to get more ideas out there for people to help improve their gaming areas. So, to me it's not about who has the best or the most, but to share ideas to help gamers make the best game and universe for the group. 

I once gamed with a guy that had his basement set up like an old mage's shop. Had the old book shelves with the little miniature bottle of liquors filled with different colored water to make them look like potions.  Very cool place to game. Wish I had pictures of that one!! 

• Fgdsfg, Kager, kaosoe and 2 others like this

#14 Dampe

Dampe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:52 AM

I once gamed with a guy that had his basement set up like an old mage's shop. Had the old book shelves with the little miniature bottle of liquors filled with different colored water to make them look like potions.  Very cool place to game. Wish I had pictures of that one!! 

That sounds truly awesome! Love the way your gaming area look, as well.

• R2builder likes this

#15 CrunchyDemon

CrunchyDemon

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

We play in my garage with rolling chairs, 3 foldout tables, a lazy-susan condiment server filled with dice, a black trash can for beer bottles and mountain dew cans, a white board with a selection of erasable whiteboard markers and 2 space heaters, because it's freaking cold in New Mexico right now.

Not much to look at, I'm afraid.

Edited by CrunchyDemon, 24 January 2014 - 10:36 AM.

• R2builder likes this

Proud member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#16 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

I've never gamed in anything like a gaming den. Simpler to just sit on the couch in the family room or the kitchen table. Most of the players I've gamed with can't afford to waste money on a room just for gaming. So, if you want a photo of where I game, go to Ikea and wander through the kitchen setups. That's what they look like.

• kaosoe likes this

#17 Talley Darkstar

Talley Darkstar

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

We just don't have the room for a gaming den.  :-( Even if the room would look like a grill out at the lake I'd be happy.

• Fgdsfg likes this

We walk the line between life and death.  Endure the pain of choices we have to make and survive the battle to take back our lives.  We are soldiers and we will fight.

http://steamcommunit...talley_darkstar

#18 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

My Star Wars game is played at my FLGS. I do have a group I run at my place. Right now I'm running Savage Worlds Freeport. My married friends do refer to my place as the Man Cave. Besides my wall of game books, large movie collection, and the re-issued framed posters of the original trilogy from their rerelease in 97 its nothin special.

Edited by mouthymerc, 25 January 2014 - 07:04 AM.

• kaosoe likes this

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#19 R2builder

R2builder

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

Well, for those interested, here are some shots of my Nerdvana.

GR1_zps3d125410.jpg

GR2_zpsc322579e.jpg

GR5_zps7c4a4637.jpg

GR4_zpsecb885b9.jpg

GR3_zpsbd847eb9.jpg

• Fgdsfg, Jegergryte and polyheadronman like this

#20 UHF

UHF

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

"Rook Raggy!  Rorm Roopers!"

My table is regulation 4'X6' with a hidden top.  At the end of game session I just have to cover it up till next week.  (This is an incredible time saver.)

http://www.worldwork...opic.php?t=8453

untitled.jpg

• Jegergryte, polyheadronman and R2builder like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS