Photo

Best Solo decks (with all cards available)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hectarion

Hectarion

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

I'm just terrible at deck building. There. I've admitted it. :)

I've built a solo leadership outlands deck, but for some reason, it's not working out as well as I would have hoped. I've also used dwarves but for some reason, the deck still struggles. So it's me at this point :)

I have all cards released to date and have played through many of the quests but I'm looking for one deck to rule them all. One (or two for variety) deck that I can use that will run through most scenarios, not with ease, but with a good probability of success (50% or greater) for most of the scenarios.

I'm not opposed to using a dwarf deck or Glorfindel deck, just want something that works pretty reliably well and is fun at the same time.

#2 IchabodtheShadow

IchabodtheShadow

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

I bet the deck has Aragon and glorindel as characters and maybe a good defender like denethor. I've seems some really powerful decks That are triple sphere. I can't name names as I don't have a deck like that, my deck is simply spirit and lore and elf centered. And I do pretty well. But then again my deck is means for 2 players along side a dwarf deck so what do I know lol.
X-wing miniatures: 5 TIE/LN, 2 TIE/ADV, 3 TIE/IN, 3 TIE/SA, 2 FIRESPRAY-31, 1 Lambda-class T-4A shuttle, 2 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 2 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK-290.

#3 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

Build a deck using Glorfindel Spirit, Aragorn Lore, and Frodo.  Then put in 3x copies of all these (2x for core set cards that there arn't 3 of.) Test of will, hasty stroke, light of valinor, asfolath, Arwen, northern tracker, dareons runes, imladris stargazer, haldir or gildor or both(you pick) dwarvin tomb, unexpected courage, Fast hitch, maybe protector of lorien, and i'd suggest song of wisdom.  With the remaining cards needed, you pick yourself.  It won't matter very much.  

Strategy:

Get Light of Valinor and asfaloth on Glorfindel.  Put fast hitch's on Frodo.  every turn quest with glorfindel and frodo(and any questing ally you might have), and depending on the amount of enemies, you might want to even quest with Aragorn.  When Any an enemy comes out, engage him and let frodo take the attack defended if you have a fast hitch, or undefended if you dont have the fast hitch, and strike back with glorfindel (who will be ready for combat since he doesn't exhaust when he has light of valinor) and Aragorn and whatever ally that might help (northern tracker mostly) for a solid 6-10 attack.  If you have multiple enemies and frodo cant take them all, pile up the damage undefended on glorfindel and aragorn.  when your threat gets high from all the undefended attacks, lower with aragorn's ability.

If you have any questions about it please ask.

Khamul

Edited by Khamul The Easterling, 23 January 2014 - 11:13 AM.

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#4 camacazio

camacazio

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

I recently used Aragorn, Theodred, and Hurluin in an outlands deck that crushed. I threw in some books to reuse cards like sneak attack and the one to ready all allies, threw lord of morthond and valiant sacrifice to make sure I was drawing as much as it would allow, and threw in sword that was broken. Some non-outlands allies with a larger amount of health to start also helped in case I had a hard time getting the army going.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS