Any sign of Suns of Fortune yet?

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#241 Maelora

Maelora

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

Why did I waste my time reviewing it when I could be playing my Space Weasel??? :(

• KRKappel and 2P51 like this

#242 Gigerstreak

Gigerstreak

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

I don't see textual stats for the Gravity Belt. I'm going to assume it is a combination Anti-Grav Chute/Utility Belt. (Utility Belt is normally 25 Credits, the Anti-Grav Chute is Encum 1... So it's basically buying two Utility Belts) this is balanced by price and rarity.

The developers stated that including it on the chart was a mistake, it didn't make the final copy of the book.

Thanks. I'll probably still use it anyways with the stats I mentioned above.

#243 UHF

UHF

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

Great book for flavor! I do notice some issues though.

The Correllian Human needs to have "and one free rank in a non-career, non-piloting skill". It makes sense to force the Piloting skill on a Correllian, but in my opinion, forcing that skill choice balances out the possibility of a rank 3 at character creation. That would make choosing a Correllian an advantage over a normal human but only for the first session, and only if they use the "possible" 3rd skill rank.

Dude... On Correllia every household has like 3 speeders. Especially in the suburbs where they pretty much litter the parking garages. If you can't fly, you can't live on Correllia.

Bith Boffer has a new hit single, "No Body Walks on Correllia". (Sounds a lot like "Nobody Walks in LA".)
  • Jegergryte and DanteRotterdam like this

#244 D Money

D Money

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

So what Corellian Humans are more natural pilots than Duros?

I wonder if Neimoidians will at least be better negotiators than humans from Naboo or Alderaan. (rhetorical question of course not...)

That kinda bums me out a little as I consider Duros the ace pilots of the Star Wars galaxy but I know they're really just better navigators not pilots.

Just sayin the human corellian variant rains on my sunny day in a different way than just the mechanics behind them.

I just hope my players will still want to make a few Duros and not just a buncha Corellians for their pilot focused charcters.

Barfly One: How do you miss a guy across the table from you?

Barfly Two: Greedo was just drunk... really, really, drunk...

Barfly One: What like browned out drunk?

Barfly Two: Sure.....

#245 DanteRotterdam

DanteRotterdam

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

Well there is overreacting, then there is this topic and then there was this...

#246 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

Duros may not be better pilots, but with an advantage free on all astrogation they are better spacers. Sure the correllian can fly through an asteroid field, but the duros will navigate around it.
  • polyheadronman and Jaspor like this
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point if EU.

#247 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

Why did I waste my time reviewing it when I could be playing my Space Weasel??? :(

I like the art of them in the book a lot.  Wasn't very partial till that and I thought they were really well done.

• polyheadronman likes this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#248 YodaTuna

YodaTuna

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Why is a Corellian Compound Bow Ranged (Heavy), but when you add a special arrow type it becomes Ranged (Light)? I think it should just be Ranged (Heavy) consistently.

I find it hard to believe from a rules perspective that they thought it made sense to have those arrows use a different skill in the bow.  I'm also hope they didn't make a blatently obvious mistake like this twice in a row, sooo.... My assumption on this is that the Ranged (Light) for the special arrow types refers to the weapon skill if you're just using the arrow (like throwing it without the bow).  Still seems like a stretch.  It would be nice to have some official confirmation.

#249 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

There's talk on the d20Radio boards that this might have been a typo. I'll submit a query to FFG and see if I get a response on this.

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

#250 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

I may have been the only one that cared enough to ask, but Sam emailed me that Drall are intended to be Silhouette 1 (not 0) despite being only 1 meter tall.

• polyheadronman likes this

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#251 DrNate

DrNate

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

Okay, that's it. Will someone please let me know what a space weasel is? Is it a certain species? Or is it the name we use to differentiate Corellian humans from core rulebook humans? Whatever it is, I'm oddly curious!

• kaosoe likes this

#252 RogueCorona

RogueCorona

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

Unofficial nickname for the Selonians I believe.

• kaosoe likes this

#253 ZeroKvothe17

ZeroKvothe17

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

I Had a chance to pick it up, The store by my house has two copies available, But I opted for the Screen instead XD

#254 Ullr

Ullr

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:30 AM

Why is a Corellian Compound Bow Ranged (Heavy), but when you add a special arrow type it becomes Ranged (Light)? I think it should just be Ranged (Heavy) consistently.

I find it hard to believe from a rules perspective that they thought it made sense to have those arrows use a different skill in the bow.  I'm also hope they didn't make a blatently obvious mistake like this twice in a row, sooo.... My assumption on this is that the Ranged (Light) for the special arrow types refers to the weapon skill if you're just using the arrow (like throwing it without the bow).  Still seems like a stretch.  It would be nice to have some official confirmation.

What about the fact that they are range medium? You would have to be pretty good at throwing arrows to hit someone that far without that bow. I think this may be an error.

#255 Dyslexic Dragon

Dyslexic Dragon

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

Still no sign of Enter the Unknown or Suns of Fortune in Australia :(

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS