Any sign of Suns of Fortune yet?

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#1 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

According to the Upcoming Products, Suns of Fortune is slated to be in stores on Friday. If past performance is any indicator, we'll get instances of books popping up a couple of days before.

So - anyone gotten lucky yet? Any hope for getting it on Friday?

#2 Dbuntu

Dbuntu

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

Amazon shows it released on the 24th.

#3 GmMichael

GmMichael

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

Well, since I was cheap and used SmartPost with my CSI pre-order I guess I'll see it on the 8th :)

#4 Revanchist7

Revanchist7

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

Been wondering the same. Ordered from Miniature Market, but I haven't heard anything.

I'm convinced that you're from Mars

#5 Grimmshade

Grimmshade

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

I also ordered from Miniature Market and have had no word.

#6 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,527 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

I used MM last time but l think I'll just wait this time for it to hit Amazon Prime and save some cash on shipping and maybe even price.  I am more interested in Dangerous Covenants than Suns.  Figure I'll wait for the player review here as well.

• GmMichael and Bipolar Potter like this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#7 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,801 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

Alliance shows it in all warehouses and is now shipping it out with a listed release date of 22Jan2014. Based on this, my FLGS says it will be coming in on Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#8 Castlecruncher

Castlecruncher

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

I'll be walking in to buy it at my local hobby store before my group meet this weekend, probably on Friday.

Been keeping some spare cash hidden in my closet, just for Suns of Fortune. I'm looking forward to it!

#9 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

I too had pre-ordered it on MM. Now I regret this decision. I'll be playing EotE at my FLGS this Saturday and it will be sitting there on the shelf nearby taunting me.

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

#10 Yivrael

Yivrael

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

I'll be walking in to buy it at my local hobby store before my group meet this weekend, probably on Friday.

Been keeping some spare cash hidden in my closet, just for Suns of Fortune. I'm looking forward to it!

Just curious, why do you have to hide money in a closet?  lol my son does that and I'm curious as to why

#11 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Hmmm. Have to hit my FLGS on Friday.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#12 bsycamore

bsycamore

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:07 AM

Amazon UK have changed the shipping date to middle of Feb. Will keep it on pre-order with them just in case though.

#13 DanteRotterdam

DanteRotterdam

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

Just curious, why do you have to hide money in a closet?  lol my son does that and I'm curious as to why

It's *** money, however it doesn't want the rest of the world to know yet.

#14 DanteRotterdam

DanteRotterdam

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:18 AM

Seriously... Is g.ay a bad word and does it need to be censored?

• Cynabar, Brother Orpheo and PrettyHaley like this

#15 DanteRotterdam

DanteRotterdam

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:19 AM

Amazon UK have changed the shipping date to middle of Feb. Will keep it on pre-order with them just in case though.

That's what I did with Enter the Unknown. I cancelled my pre-order once I had the chance to pick up a copy at my FLGS.

Edited by DanteRotterdam, 22 January 2014 - 02:29 AM.

#16 Yivrael

Yivrael

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

I like purchasing local, but sometimes the copies are half mauled by someone eating doritos.  I actually kind of wish they would shrink wrap the books...I know it's probably weird but man if I'm buying a new book..I'd prefer it not covered in filth. 

• Jegergryte likes this

#17 Jaspor

Jaspor

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

I'm keeping an eye on this too. Doesn't seem like there are any local hobby shops that carry this... Barnes and Noble seems like they MIGHT have some of the EotE items in their store, but there's no sign of Suns of Fortune on their website, so it might  be unlikely they have it on release day. For people in the US whose only option is ordering online, what's typically the fastest way to get these once they release?

Jaspor - Edge of the Empire player and GM

Obsidian Portal Campaign - The Second Chance

#18 Logan Ambrose

Logan Ambrose

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

Priority post. Media mail is cheaper but it goes slower.

-Let's make it EPIC!!

#19 Bayard91

Bayard91

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:43 AM

Priority post. Media mail is cheaper but it goes slower.

You'd think with "Priority" in the name, it would move faster...

#20 Yivrael

Yivrael

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

I'm keeping an eye on this too. Doesn't seem like there are any local hobby shops that carry this... Barnes and Noble seems like they MIGHT have some of the EotE items in their store, but there's no sign of Suns of Fortune on their website, so it might  be unlikely they have it on release day. For people in the US whose only option is ordering online, what's typically the fastest way to get these once they release?

Really it depends on how fast the seller ships the item.  It does no good to pay for priority and then have them sit on the item for 5 days.  So find an online retailer who understands customer service.  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS