• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 TiAn

TiAn

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:45 AM

Awesome!

Also the Nemesis expansion opens the homebrew to a much wider range of characters, from Necron lord, Ork Freebooterz, Eldar aspect warrior and so on!

I want Nemesis already!

• Tartarous likes this

#22 guillaumetexas

guillaumetexas

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

oh, I didn't think about eldar aspect warriors. They are in the threat cards, so it would fit that they could be playable characters. Also, it opens the door to all sorts of chaos enemies: daemons and marines...

It will be a whole lot easier to come up with homebrew once we figure out how this enemy system works.

Nice, nice nice...

#23 TiAn

TiAn

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:51 AM

oh, I didn't think about eldar aspect warriors. They are in the threat cards, so it would fit that they could be playable characters. Also, it opens the door to all sorts of chaos enemies: daemons and marines...

It will be a whole lot easier to come up with homebrew once we figure out how this enemy system works.

Nice, nice nice...

Well, so also Tyranids are in the threat cards, but we have a special tyranid character in the expansion. Anyhow I'd like if the Nemesis units work in a total different way from the "heroes". A set of Nemesis threat card would be cool with lealist enemies to defeat!

#24 guillaumetexas

guillaumetexas

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

Well, so also Tyranids are in the threat cards, but we have a special tyranid character in the expansion. Anyhow I'd like if the Nemesis units work in a total different way from the "heroes". A set of Nemesis threat card would be cool with lealist enemies to defeat!

Well, this is taken from the description page of the expansion

While Imperium characters work to resolve the scenario in the Inner Tier, Nemesis players work to gain infamy through clashing in battles with characters and resolving engagements throughout the Sector.

So, this leads me to believe that enemies will gain infamy by fighting off characters on the board, but that's clearly not enough. Enemies will still have to resolve threats to gain infamy.

Since no current cards from the threat decks have infamy on them, FFG has two solutions:

1- When playing an enemy of the emperium, treat all " gain influence" rewards found on threat cards as "gain infamy: This would be the easiest to implement, but I can't see FFG doing that.

2- Instead, I can imagine having an infamy deck from which the enemies "may choose" to draw whenever they land on a threat deck. After all, if you look at the picture with the contents from the box, we can see that the attribute boards with the little wheels for the new enemy characters only has 3 attribute wheels: A green wheel which is I think is probably life, a red wheel which should be strength which would indicate that enemies ONLY use strength to resolve threat AND there is that third wheel that looks like a chaos icon which I presume is the infamy attribute wheel.

So there must be some kind of special enemy deck otherwise enemies will have a hard time increasing their strength even though it seems to be the only attribute which enemies will be able to use when faced with threats.

Interesting...

• TiAn likes this

#25 Yivrael

Yivrael

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

I just hope we also get miniature busts for Eversor and Stortrooper.

Please, please, please?

Yeah you would think so, right?  I'm sure they will.

#26 Beckikaze

Beckikaze

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

Just bought Relic because of the announcement of the Nemesis expansion!

#27 Light Bright

Light Bright

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

I was worried this game didn't sell well and we weren't going to get a expansion, glad I'm wrong!

Edited by Light Bright, 05 February 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#28 Light Bright

Light Bright

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

I just hope we also get miniature busts for Eversor and Stortrooper.
Please, please, please?

Yeah you would think so, right?  I'm sure they will.

I would be so mad if they did that.

#29 skunkstrype

skunkstrype

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

Anyone else wanting to see rules for corrupted characters continuing to play as enemies of the Imperium instead of being discarded and replaced?

#30 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

Anyone else wanting to see rules for corrupted characters continuing to play as enemies of the Imperium instead of being discarded and replaced?

This can always be house-ruled using homebrews :)

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#31 Lord Aries

Lord Aries

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

I've got a lot of homebrew to do it seems.   

BTW- I didn't see it at first glance, when does this drop?

#32 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4660
Enter the Talisman Island!

#33 warlock00

warlock00

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

Fascinating Preview. Dark Alliance is an interesting twist.

"If facing the subtle threat of Luxuria, Imperium players must keep their corruption low and avoid hoarding influence less they fall victim to the allure of Slaanesh." Lol don't be greedy. (If you look real hard you can read the rule on her character card)

(Don't forget to click the 2 Imperium card links for Agent cards)

Edited by warlock00, 20 February 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#34 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

Nemesis is highlighted in Game Trade Magazine #169 and is advertised as shipping in April!

RE02_GTM169.jpg

Link to PDF at the bottom of the page.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#35 warlock00

warlock00

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

Excellent find. I've pre-ordered and was afraid that it may ship in May. Now to hope that it's April 2nd :P

#36 Talos

Talos

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

Just an FYI, Nemesis is now listed as 'On the Boat'. I can't wait for this to be released!

Edited by Talos, 16 March 2014 - 01:11 PM.

#37 guillaumetexas

guillaumetexas

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

Just an FYI, Nemesis is now listed as 'On the Boat'. I can't wait for this to be released!

I wonder whether one of these days, we'll be able to track the boat as it is voyaging across the globe with its board game content, then follow the container from port to distribution centers and then to local shops.

We can't be far off this.

#38 warlock00

warlock00

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:07 PM

Good news. Although still a bit longer to wait.

On the boat - The product is traveling from the printer to our warehouse. The duration of this process varies depending on where the printer is located, be it in the US, China, or Germany, but generally takes four to six weeks.

#39 warlock00

warlock00

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

I'm looking forward to the next preview :P To keep my impatience in check.

#40 Ghostmaker421

Ghostmaker421

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

When is it coming out!!! i need this expansion in my life.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS