2014 Scum and Villainy?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OrganicJedi

OrganicJedi

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

Scum and Villainy. The most loathed faction in SWLCG to date. Annoying fan boys and power gamers alike by bombarding us with a lacking mechanical theme(Capture) and chaining the most feared Bounty Hunter in the galaxy(and his ship) to bottom of the power curve. While its counter part, Sith and its antithesis, Smugglers sit atop the meta. This faction needs help fast.

I find it very much upsetting that we wont see any new scum pods for months. Does this annoy anyone else?

#2 algnc

algnc

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4615

#3 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

Also

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4495

#4 OrganicJedi

OrganicJedi

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

thanks I feel a little better now.

#5 zhentil

zhentil

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

Whew thank you very much

#6 GongShowHost

GongShowHost

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

I'm currently running this deck...

Mercenary Support x1
Hive of Scum and Villainy x1
Trandoshan Terror x2
Feeding the Pit x2
Jabba's Reach x2
Lucrative Contract x2

I'm having a lot of success with it so far. Resources are pretty much never a problem and all of those Trandoshans help cope with speeder and Sleuth Scout decks. Edge Battles are dealt with using Twist, bluffing, or Reversal, but usually you will have a high enough volume of units to dish out damage to attackers regardless of who strikes first. Destroying objectives is trickier, but clever attacks with Jabba's Pleasure Barge or Bossk can help you with that. All these new cards coming up are just gravy, really.
  • KennedyHawk likes this

#7 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

That's almost identical to my Scum deck, Flippin' Scum.

I love Scum. They are my main DS deck. Lots of fun and very successful deck.
  • KennedyHawk likes this

#8 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

Scum has a ton of pieces that I really like, I just haven't found the combination of pieces together that I love.  Looking forward to IG-88 though.

• divinityofnumber likes this

#9 Hida77

Hida77

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

I have had a good mount of success with Scum as well.  I wouldn't run it in a tournament, but it can win pretty consistently.

I've been running:

2xJabba's Reach

2xJabba's Orders

2xCarbonite Transport

2xTrandoshan Terror

2xTatooine Crash

Not a lot of capture, but enough to trigger several abilities and a lot of really solid units.  I actually prefer having a minimal amount of capture since it is much less damaging when your opponent only gets 1 card back, especially since I can delay that from happening at all if I get Transport.  I usually win by flipping between force control and attacking depending on my opponent's deck/strategy.  The Slave I pod provides a good amount of punch and its easy to get unopposed with the amount of tactics.  Weequays are key to the deck, even if you end up paying 4 for them here/there since they are very difficult to deal with.

2014 Star Wars: The Card Game US Nationals Finalist

2013 Star Wars: The Card Game Worlds Top 16

8xX-wing, 5xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 5xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290, 3xE-Wing, 7xZ-95, 2xYT-2400, 2xGR-75, 1xCR-90

10xTIE/LN, 11xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/as, 3xTIE/Ph, 3xTIE/D, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda, 2xDecimator

#10 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

I too play a lot of scum. I really enjoy mixing the control aspects of scum and the damage potential of navy.

Welcome to the machine!

#11 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

I wouldn't run it in a tournament, but...

That is exactly how all of my conversations about my Scum decks begin. 

• MacRauri likes this

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS