WFRP 4e - how should it look?

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#321 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:25 AM

Ok, so I got some news/rumours about The End Times and WFB 9e that I want to share with You all. This could affect WFRP 4e. In October will see more Chaos starting from the second tome of The End Times. Updated Archaon will come, all four Chaos Gods will have new greater daemons (don't know if those will be completly new addition ones or just updated minis) and we will see some all friend comming back like: Arbaal, Aekold Helbrass & van Horstmann. The rumour also sais that Heinrich Kemmler will join the Chaos legions. One of the most exciting parts for me sais that there will be optional play with big armies but the main game of WFB 9e will focus on small war bands (so maybe even more skirmish type of game then battle). The fraction/races will come in new army books becouse of the unions that are made for example all undead will have only one army books and two or more supplements detialing some special batalions like vampires or tomb king. Choas will be in one army book with beastman and deamons so you can mix them the way you want or make specific army with one of them of course with supplements. The way of publishing WFB will be similar to the new way of W40k like Space Marines codex with supplements detailing special legions like Ultamarines or Space Wolfs.

is this a sign that WFB goes more into the direction of what was Mordheim? I do hope so. And can't wait to here and see more of the new WFB.

PS. There's one more interesting rumour - after the four books of The End Times a new era will beggin with new maps, unions and more. If this is true that it could be a great start point for WFRP 4e.

• ragnar63 likes this

#322 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:35 AM

PS. There's one more interesting rumour - after the four books of The End Times a new era will beggin with new maps, unions and more. If this is true that it could be a great start point for WFRP 4e.

Exactly what I have been predicting.

Not exactly a completely clean slate, but so radically different that FFG, or whoever has the license to WFRP, will be able to do all the books all over again, without it being the same old samo. Good commercial sense for both GW and FFG.

However I do think that we will have to wait quite a while before we see a beta test of 4th edition. 2016 at the earliest I would think.

#323 Mental-Mouse

Mental-Mouse

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

All I hope for is that they at least keep the dice the same.

...And Maybe not as many fiddly bits.

#324 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:21 AM

I got a new rumour - a couple of years from now in an interview GW said that they want to create a edition that would be best and they won't have to rewrite everything in each edition. The reason for that is thay want to go into new directions and explore new places in Warhammer Fantasy. The rumour sais that 8th edition did make that goal and with 9th will see not only The Old World but also Lustria, Naggaroth and mamy more new places.

#325 GMmL

GMmL

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

cool stories :)

#326 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:49 AM

I got a new rumour - a couple of years from now in an interview GW said that they want to create a edition that would be best and they won't have to rewrite everything in each edition. The reason for that is thay want to go into new directions and explore new places in Warhammer Fantasy. The rumour sais that 8th edition did make that goal and with 9th will see not only The Old World but also Lustria, Naggaroth and mamy more new places.

If that is all true then we can infer a few things:

• As I suspect the geography of the Old World will be substantially altered, probably by the extreme magics thrown around in the End Times, by all sides. Look at the Sundering for ideas on this. My guess is that most of Ulthuan will disappear and the High Elves will have to decamp to their allies in Naggaroth or take over Lustria from the Slann-less lizardmen, for example.
  • That the End Times saga will last at least a couple of years. Because of GW's paranoia over its IP, my guess is that FFG will not know how the NEW Old World will look until then. Either that or GW will take the licence back when it runs out in the next couple of years. Either way 4th edition is a long way off.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS