Shades of Heresy (Play-by-Post) Ingame

• Please log in to reply
465 replies to this topic

#41 ColArana

ColArana

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

Cade nods in agreement. His equipment did make him a bit noticeable. His las pistol could be concealed easily enough, as could his photon flash. His sword and long las, however, were a different matter altogether. The Long Las, being as large as it was, wasn't going to simply be stowed under a cloak. After a few moments of deliberation, Cade decided to leave the Long Las behind in the office. Someone dressed as he was, would attract enough attention, let alone someone carrying a dedicated snipers weapon and a nasty blade like that. Besides if a scrap broke out, Cade was confident in his skills with a las pistol anyways, and he could always come back here to pick it up later on, if a sniper was found to be necessary.

As Asterius added that Cade was to keep an eye on Dral, Cade merely glanced at him and shrugged. Shoving his las pistol to the inside of his combat vest, along with his photon flash, Cade placed his long las up behind the desk and then rejoined the group as they exited the office. Unlike Dral, Cade didn't have any street clothes, as he'd come here on the first available flight from his guard posting. What he had was on his back. So he'd have to make do with that. On their trip, Cade maintained a stony silence, his eyes measuring each of the group in turn. What kind of men were they. Could he count on them to hold his back? Were they worth holding theirs? His eyes flickered to Dral the most, of course, as Asterius's instructions. He determined it would be best for Asterius to handle the chitchat then. Cade had never been particularly good at talking anyways. A man of action, not words.

Edited by ColArana, 23 January 2014 - 07:34 PM.

#42 Covered in Weasels

Covered in Weasels

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

Dammek is angry to find the market already closed for the night. Without a disguise, his explosive collar and burnt orange flak armor will most assuredly stand out. This will require some clever planning and (mostly) straight up lying.

Dammek will accompany the group and do his best to look as though he doesn't want to be here. He puts on his best convict scowl, hoping to discourage casual observers with his angry glare. If challenged directly, Dammek will say that he is serving as extra "security" under duress and that Asterius is holding the detonator to his explosive collar (Deceive check if required). He will generally try to speak only when required -- at the Magisterium, it hardly seems appropriate for the convict to do the talking.

Dammek brings all his weapons (pistols and sword) and his flak armor, since he's already quite conspicuous. He is wearing his photo-contacts. If another party member is able to lend him an overcoat to make himself less obvious, he welcomes the added concealment.

Edited by Covered in Weasels, 23 January 2014 - 10:03 PM.

Do not ask why you serve.  Only ask how.

Synonymous names include: Buried in Ferrets, Enveloped by Ermine.

Currently GMing a Dark Heresy 2.0 game and inflicting untold misery upon Martin Lockheed and company.

#43 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

As you head over to the magistratum, you can literally feels the eyes on you, even as the streets are emptied. More than one time you see the hint of movement behind closed curtains and as the darkness starts to spread, even the shadows seem to get aware of you.

Especially Dammek feels invisible eyes scrutinizing him.

As you reach the magistratum station, your first expression is far from being impressed.
It is a small building with a regular magistratum car in front of it.
This "station" is just a very small outpost, that probably wont consist of more than a handfull officers.

In a district that has about 50.000 Inhabitants, thats almost nothing.

Respect your brothers and you will also be respected.

#44 svstrauser

svstrauser

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

I stop in the front of the station, and give it a disapproving look.

It's impressive how the local Magistratum never fails do disappoint, both in resources and manpower.

I shrug, open my armour's trench coat a little, so that the badge is clearly visible (not that it would be necessary) and walk inside the precinct like I own the place.

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

#45 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:30 AM

Inside, the building is not a a really better shape than outside.

An old man sits in the entrance area behind a small desk.

Behind him, stairs go up, at his left and right is one wooden door on each side.

He looks at you and seems unsure what to think of you as you approach.

He wears a magistratum uniform, has a stub revolver at his side and seems to be close to retirement.

#46 svstrauser

svstrauser

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

I place one of my fists on the desk and say, curtly:

"Good evening."

"who is in charge of this... precinct?"

#47 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

"And you are...?"

He asks and raises one of his voluminous eyebrows.

#48 svstrauser

svstrauser

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

"Investigator Arsa. Arbites."

I draw my badge and flick it open, showing it to him.

#49 dava100

dava100

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

Dral enters the magistratum building and leans up against a wall and watches the proceedings at the front desk.

Edited by dava100, 24 January 2014 - 02:35 PM.

Thought begets heresy. Heresy begets retribution.

#50 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

"mhhmhmmm" he says into his beard.

"You can go through the left door, Investigator Arsa. Captain Carl Thrain is in charge here."

#51 ColArana

ColArana

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

Cade hovers near Dammek as Asterius handles the bureaucratic at the desk. Bleh. Bureaucrats. Always making life more difficult. As they were given entry, Cade made a short nod, and waited for Asterius to lead the way. It was fairly clear Cade was out of his element, and more than content to merely be the follower right now.

Edited by ColArana, 24 January 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#52 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:39 AM

The man behind the desk stops anyone else besides Investigator Arsa.

"Could I please see your identifiacation tags ?"

#53 dava100

dava100

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:07 AM

Dral will smiles warmly at the officer behind the desk "we don't have Arbite ID if that is what you mean, you'd need to speak to investigator Arsa about that. The investigator shouldn't be long though so I suppose we can wait here." Dral looks too Dammek and Cade to see if they agree?

#54 svstrauser

svstrauser

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

"Dammek, Cade."

"If you don't mind, stay here."

I give Cade and Dammek a pointed look towards the door and nod.

"Mr. Drakkon here is a civilian consultant to the case I'm investigating, he's coming with me."

I put my hand on Dral's shoulder, make no move towards providing the receptionist with further information and move towards the office door with Dral by my side.

#55 dava100

dava100

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:34 AM

Dral shrugs at the old man and follows Arsa into the office.

#56 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

The officer stops Dral and turns his voice to Investigator Arsa:

"I am sure you have form 178-33-34 for guest visitors with you, signed by your superior officer ?"

• dava100 likes this

#57 Covered in Weasels

Covered in Weasels

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

Soon after entering the building, Dammek lights a new lho-stick and stands back, letting Asterius do the talking. When the man behind the desk asks for the proper guest forms, Dammek raises his eyebrows and exclaims: "Oh, those things. Feth, I used them as rolling papers because I didn't think they were important. You can try to salvage them if you'd like" He withdraws the partly smoked stick from his mouth and offers it to the desk attendant. [Deceive -10, target number 30; rolled an 11 for 2 DoS]

Do not ask why you serve.  Only ask how.

Synonymous names include: Buried in Ferrets, Enveloped by Ermine.

Currently GMing a Dark Heresy 2.0 game and inflicting untold misery upon Martin Lockheed and company.

#58 ColArana

ColArana

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

Cade gave a curt nod, and spun on his heel to stand by the door. Had the others known him for longer, they might have even noticed a visible relaxation in him, as though he were glad not to be having to go in there and await the social dialogue that would have undoubtedly ensued. He found himself content to stand by the doorway and observe the others that entered the establishment.

#59 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:34 AM

"Ok, Mister...what was your name again ?"
He says while taking the stick from Dammek with a smile.
"I think that story seems to fit your general...attitude. You may join the investigator. But the other 2 stay here until I see the correct form."

#60 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:42 AM

As Investigator Arsa and Dammek enter the room, they look like a quite odd couple to the man behind the huge desk.

The stations commanding officer - a captain Carl Thrain if you can believe his name tag - looks up at you from his lot of paperwork that put his desk under siege.

"I already told you I want my recaf with sug...oh...visitors...I didnt really expect...".
The rather confused man in his middle years tries to improve his pose and strengthens his voice as he goes on.

He has a huge scar across his face and no hair at all, neither on his head, nor the smallest hint of a beard. He really didnt get this job because of his outstanding beauty you guess.
His accent somehow sounds strange - maybe from another part of the hive ? Or even an offworlder ? You are not sure.
His eyes have a watery blue and show signs of getting not enough sleep.

"And you are ?"

His voice sounds more overworked than annoyed.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS