Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

You find the following things on the body:
- a mono knife in has hand
- two frag grenades and one smoke grenade
- two clips of standard ammunition for an autogun
- one dose of stimm and an injector
- photo-sense goggles
- a slide of paper that shows a bag that looks quite like the one Dral found

While searching him, you also find a bery sophisticated tattoo on his left upper arm. It shows a winged blue snake with glowing red eyes.
> Does anyone have any Lore skill regarding War, Military oder Underworld ?<

Respect your brothers and you will also be respected.

#242 ColArana

ColArana

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

In the midst of their fierce duel, Cade noticed his opponent suddenly shriek out something about being able to fly and hurl himself off the building. That had been.... unexpected. Not unwelcome, but certainly unexpected. Cade sheathed his sword, drew his las pistol and moved to the edge of the building. Dral. Of course it was the Psyker. 

"I appreciate that." Cade called down in a curt tone, noticing Dral investigating the body. He glanced over at where Asterius had been, who would be blocking the ladder down.

#243 Covered in Weasels

Covered in Weasels

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

[Dammek has Common Lore (IG). Target number 31 (+/- any bonuses/penalties for difficulty); rolled a 79 for 4 DoF.]

Dammek is not interested in the mono-knife, autogun ammunition or photo-sense goggles. He likes to engage enemies at a safe distance rather than charge into close combat, and he'd always favored pistols over cumbersome rifles. His photo-contacts grant him night vision already, so he offers the goggles to anyone who isn't similarly equipped.

The grenades and stimm injector could prove useful to him though. He takes one frag grenade for himself and recommends that the rest of the group divides the remaining grenades among themselves, "in case of emergency." He thinks about taking the stimm, but since Asterius enjoys charging at enemies with a shotgun the Arbitrator probably needs it more :D

When he sees the photograph of the bag, Dammek remarks, "I guess they were after your bag, Brain. What on Holy Terra is inside that thing? An autogun-armed hit squad just kicked in the front door of the local Magistratum office looking for it, for feth's sake -- it's got to be very important to somebody."

Edited by Covered in Weasels, 13 February 2014 - 10:40 PM.

Do not ask why you serve.  Only ask how.

Synonymous names include: Buried in Ferrets, Enveloped by Ermine.

Currently GMing a Dark Heresy 2.0 game and inflicting untold misery upon Martin Lockheed and company.

#244 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

Your CL Test gets +20, which still leaves you kpwith 2 DoF. You know nothing more than that this could be some kind of mercenary symbol.

#245 dava100

dava100

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:31 AM

I stare at body for a moment feeling numb, trying to sort through my thoughts. It was not sight of bloody body at my feet that shocked me as I had seen far worse during my training in the telepathica but the fact that I had caused his death... I had not killed anybody before.

Realising that Dammek is talking to me I shake my head my eyes coming back into focus... "This place could still be dangerous, perhaps we should head back to the magistratums office before we discuss this?"

I wait to see what my colleagues who are trained in combat take before even considering if I will pilfer the corpse looking at it again a slightly odd expression on my face.

Edited by dava100, 14 February 2014 - 01:32 AM.

Thought begets heresy. Heresy begets retribution.

#246 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

You stand there for minutes...it remains calm...

#247 ColArana

ColArana

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

Cade, seeing the trap had finally been disarmed, slid down the ladder. He noticed he was bleeding, and his head was still a little woozy, but he was functional.

"Everyone alright?" He asked. His laspistol was still in hand, because you could never be too careful. He walked over towards his former enemy's corpse. As Dammek offered the goggles, Cade accepted them. Cade could tell from this battle that his close quarter combat was far out of practice. Besides, he was more comfortable with a rifle, and this could be the difference between hitting and not in the future. He also grabbed the other grenade that Dammek had left, but examined them closely.

Hailing from a Forgeworld, Cade was nothing if not a devoted follower of the machine spirit, and he inspected the goggles and grenade for any form of tampering that might prove heretical to the Ommnisiah. Looting the dead body was one thing, but Cade would not dare cause an affront to the Machine Spirit by using his works that had been defiled!

#248 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:49 AM

Th items you inspect dont look heretical to you.

They also are in good shape - these men were definitely professional.

#249 dava100

dava100

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:40 AM

Looking down at my blood splattered clothes I reply to Cade "Feeling pretty bruised but none of this blood is mine so I'ill live. You don't look so good though."

Crouching down next to the corpse I pull it's combat knife and test the blade on the bodies armour; realizing it is a lot sharper than mine I take it.

"Dammek, give me a hand carrying this body back to the Magistratums office, perhaps they'll know this tattoo and also direct us to someone in these parts who can patch us up. This ain't the best place to be making plans."

Edited by dava100, 16 February 2014 - 04:41 AM.

#250 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

As you head back to the magistratum office, the Captain meets you at the (blasted) door.

"I just first aided my deputy - he will live, but needs a lot of rest during the coming days. Did you get one of them alive ?"

#251 ColArana

ColArana

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:04 AM

Cade gave a curt nod, as he placed the grenade on his belt beside his photon flash and the goggles on his head, though folded up so that they were not over his eyes. "I've had worse days." He responded. "Some first aid, and I should be back and ready for another round." He commented as they approached the magistratum.

As the Captain spoke to them, Cade met his gaze with a serious look. "Unfortunately our adversary decided to take a running leap from the roof of a building. We did, however, glean what they were after." He informed the Captain.

#252 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

"What was it ? Did they want to attack the magistratum itself...? Or did they come because of you ?"

#253 pearldrum1

pearldrum1

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

Suddenly the mercenary shouts out loudly: "I can fly !" and jumps from the roof.On his way down he almost hits Dral and crushes down heavily next to him. Dral is drenched in blood while looking down on him shocked.

This was the funniest thing I have ever read. Sorry for hijacking the IC thread, but WELL DONE.

#254 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:24 PM

While discussing with the Captain at the magistratums entry, Cade gets aware of a movement (he is more hearing than seeing it) not far from you.

@pearldrum: this is you

#255 pearldrum1

pearldrum1

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:02 AM

[OOC: what have I been doing? Am I just sitting in the corner staring at the newcomers twiddling my thumbs? LOL... I will go with that!]

A small woman moves from the corner of your vision and out into the open. She does not appear hostile but instead seems slightly shocked at the appearance of the group - especially that of Cade.

"Oh, Omnissiah and Throne combined, what happened here? You," she says indicating Cade, "you have a seat right here." Her tone is not demanding but you can tell she means business. To those with high perception it is obvious that she has sincere intentions, and judging by the Medical mechadendrite jutting out like a third arm in the middle of her chest from under a light gray flak jacket and the medikit strapped to her left thigh, it appears that she is a doctor of some sort. She is also armed, and that is very obvious - a ludicrously large Hand Cannon for such a woman is strapped to her right leg, with extra ammunition about her belt.

Before anyone can protest or respond she announces herself to the group as a whole, "My name is Seito No'Akai. You can call me Seito. Or Akai. Or whatever the feth you want. Excuse me," she says to the Captain firmly but without offence. She had a patient now and there was no time for platitudes when lives were at stake.

She is no more than five and a half feet tall, and couldn't weigh more than a Grox's thigh, yet she has a confidence seldom seen in someone of such small stature.

Edited by pearldrum1, 17 February 2014 - 01:52 AM.

#256 ColArana

ColArana

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

Medics. Pushy as ever. Cade knew, however, not to get in their way at times like this, and allowed the woman that approached him to lead him to the chair. He assumed she was going to perform some basic first aid, or at least examined his injuries. Resisting a medic's attempts to help you never ended well for the individual. However, Cade still answered the Captain. "No, it seems our presence here was merely a coincidence." He stated. He expected one of his companions had taken the photo with them. "It seems they were after a bag on the noble's person." He informed the Captain. Though Cade himself hadn't seen the bag, he had managed to deduce it from Dral and Dammek's discussion, as well as the shout one of their assailants had made during the firefight.

Edited by ColArana, 17 February 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#257 dava100

dava100

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

I pull the bag out from under my cloak and lay the items within it on a nearby table..."Cade is right they seemed to have been after this bag and its contents."

I pick up the water ruined letter and read out the remaining eligible text "...it is really a pity that you insist on that course of action. Under this circumstances, I think it would be the best for both parties, if our paths divide. You have to understand, that - of course - the investments you made so far, are lost, in such a case. Maybe you should send someone to discuss the terms with us again, before..."

"Now the desk sergeant said these were found in the street someplace and not near the dead noble but that is an expensive looking mirror and not an item a commoner would have... might have been his perhaps."

Edited by dava100, 17 February 2014 - 02:33 PM.

• GauntZero likes this

#258 pearldrum1

pearldrum1

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

"Oh, honey," she says to Cade as though she were his mother, even though she wasn't that much older than him - if she was older than him at all. "What did you get yourself into?" Her exotic almond shaped eyes look at the myrid of bullet impacts on his armor and in places his flesh. "Autogun? A brutal business, am I right?"

She pokes at his head, where the autogun round blasted into his helmet and left a hell of a whelt. "You see that? That is bad. Everyone, if you are hurt take a seat and I will get to you shortly. Worst first; scratches last." An optical mechadendrite on her shoulder whirs lightly - a well oiled and maintained machine to not make much noise - as it searches over Cade for any unseen or internal injuries. She goes the full nine-yards, stripping off his armor and making sure she didn't miss anything.

"Hope you aren't shy. I'm not," she says pulling down his pants and examining what needs to be examined. "Nope! All seems fine down there!" She laughs heartily, a tactic she learned from some wonderful Sisters of the Order of the Cleansing Water. She reminisced fondly at how gentle they were with the sick and dying - how they could bring cheer into even the most broken face.

[OOC: I assume that because we aren't actively in combat and Seito has plenty of time, a medicae check can be performed at easy +10 or higher? She will perform medicae on all the wounded present. Int 45+20 medikit+10 med mech. +any situational modifiers; not sure what site we are using to roll dice on. Or if we are playing honor system and rolling on our own.]

Edited by pearldrum1, 17 February 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#259 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:14 PM

I pull the bag out from under my cloak and lay the items within it on a nearby table..."Cade is right they seemed to have been after this bag and its contents."I pick up the water ruined letter and read out the remaining eligible text "...it is really a pity that you insist on that course of action. Under this circumstances, I think it would be the best for both parties, if our paths divide. You have to understand, that - of course - the investments you made so far, are lost, in such a case. Maybe you should send someone to discuss the terms with us again, before...""Now the desk sergeant said these were found in the street someplace and not near the dead noble but that is an expensive looking mirror and not an item a commoner would have... might have been his perhaps."

Captain Thraine comes towards you.

"What does that mean ? If it belonged to him, why didnt we find it at the same place as his corpse ?"

#260 dava100

dava100

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

While my wounds are tended I address the captains question "if we assume that these are the nobles belongings he must have lost it during his time in this area of the hive and that our attackers didn't know that he had lost it, hence their attack."

"That begs another question; what is so important about the bag and it's contents to cause an attack on a magistratums building to retrieve it."

I pick up the mirror and examine it closely.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS