65 replies to this topic

#61 arolig

arolig

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

We played a 4 player game yesterday.

Reaper+firelands.
Spells and characters from dungeon and city as well.
Hidden endings from firelands and city, but no extra regions.

We made our way over halfway trough the adventure deck, and the guy drawing the swashbuckler dominated as always. It was a fun game, ppl got Toaded, bearly survived and the likes. Temple, graveyard and Castle was soon gone.

The firecards showed up a bunch in other words, and an enchanted map+lot's of ruins made for interesting tactics, and a swashbuckler that usually drew 2-4 cards all game long(orb of fire). But henche lot's of fireproof cards got into play.

In the end my Dervish that had been doing poor all game climbed up the throne, and the game ended with him looking at the rich swashbuckler that won the theifs guild ending.

So play with reaper+firelands and it's fine :)

#62 tarasis

tarasis

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Got my copy this morning, hoping to play it tomorrow or Saturday.

#63 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

I also shuffle all my expansions really well into the deck, separating them into stacks, and dismantling them and reshuffling each time would be horrendous, but I am not even tempted to do it, and the thought of doing that isn't what stops me either, I really really like the mixed expansions.

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#64 Biergarden

Biergarden

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

What do you all think about the Magic Lamp?

#65 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

What about it?  A powerful card.  You spend a fate from the lamp and choose your result.   One of the hang-ups is the use of the word "fate" for the tokens.  I don't know whether this was intentional or not.  And what I mean by intentional is, are the fate tokens just used as markers, or are they actually used as fate for the game?  I think they are just used as tokens so you know how many wishes you have left.  But I could be wrong.

Technically, you can not reroll a fate roll, but nothing says that you can't change the die roll.  But, I believe that is the intent.  You probably would have been better off to use the Magic lamp in the first place.  Honestly, this is how I would personally play it.  I would house-rule it for your group until and FAQ is released.  

#66 Croonos

Croonos

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:55 AM

Powerful card but fortunately exchangeable between players. I think it is a very good idea and some other powerful cards like Scribe from the City should be issued in this way. But it's a step forward as Conjuter had the Scribe ability permanently in the 2nd edition...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS