• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Croonos

Croonos

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:01 AM

From the latest news: http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4552
there is one interesting note: New fireland tokens are placed on the game board by various card effects, and if your character ends a turn in a space with a fireland token, it loses one life.
Thus, it is no longer important whether you encounter character or space because you lose a life at the end of your turn. Nasty :P epecialy with the new terrian cards. When you encounter strong enemy on a Desert space with a fireland token you lose 3 lifes in one turn!
http://community.fan...sion-announced/

Edited by Croonos, 13 February 2014 - 04:31 AM.

#2 Croonos

Croonos

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

I wonder if Noble Ifrit, Fireland tokens and Terrian cards are also affected other regions (as it was in the case of Dragon expansion). if not, then other regions like City or Highland will be very safe in comparison to the main board of Talisman and most of the game may take place outside it.

#3 sbt207

sbt207

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:08 AM

I'm 99% sure that these effects affect other regions

Edited by sbt207, 27 January 2014 - 06:23 AM.

#4 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

Me too. That would be the point.  I'm already thinking of a house rule where either fireland tokens "burn" away Dragon ones, or vice a versa. On the other hand, Dragons are pretty used to fire...

#5 rfisha

rfisha

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:38 AM

Most of the game already takes mostly outside it for us :)

#6 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

Confirmation of a shipping date has been shown in the latest Game Trade Magazine -

tm11_gtm168.jpg

Not really earth-shattering news as FFG said the end of the first quarter 2014, but there you go... :)

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#7 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

...and another sneak peek hits Talisman Island! :D

#8 Pasko75

Pasko75

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

It looks nice, i just need to find people to play with haha. FFG makes good talisman expansions.

#9 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 746 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4648
Enter the Talisman Island!

#10 Ancient Virus

Ancient Virus

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

Really looking forward to this expansion. The Fireland tokens look like they're going to cause havoc across the board and some of the new cards look great. Roll on the 28th March.

On a life long Warlock Quest

#11 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

Me too! It is interesting that on another thread we're debating the 'over-powering' of various aspects and mechanics of The City, which I have commented on before. For my 2 player games, the various followers and weapons etc have not broke the game.  But I can see how it might in larger player games.

On the other hand as I look at the glimpses of Fireland enemies, as well as the new cards in the Nether Realm, I wonder if the balance equals out, for those who use most or all expansions.

although the City cards may have great power and ability to upset games, the new enemies of Nether Realm and Firelands will be a good test or match to them.

#12 Croonos

Croonos

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:08 AM

I also thought it is too early for the opinions regarding balance of subsequent cards. With this we have to wait for the rest of expansions. With The Firelands it may be that some of The City cards are not at all overpovered but indispensable to fend off the Ifrit power. Moreover they will be easily to lost by burn effect. For the moment only the Alchemist character seems to be wrongly designed in relation to The City expansion.

#13 GrimGuvna

GrimGuvna

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:17 AM

Very interesting cards, this new expansion seems like it will be the most dangerous and challenging yet, especially if played in isolation from any other small box set expansions.  Dilution with other small box expansions would somewhat negate the threat posed by the Ifrit I think.

1)  Ifrit Sultan is a well tasty challenge.  If this gets drawn early when characters are relatively weak then I can see problems for survival.  it would be fun watching all the PC's join together though trying to get rid of him.  Spellcasters will be spellcycling like madmen looking for destruction, and others adv card cycling trying to level up or find that Djinn Sultan to get rid o him.

2) Ifrit Sheik is less dangerous but has a fun mechanic.  Less of a threat with multi expansion adventure decks though.  Extremely threatening if drawn with the Ifrit Sultan or early in the game before other Ifrit have been drawn.

3)  Shapeshifter is, like the sheik, only a real threat if multiple fire causing ifrit are active.  As a lessor effect the shapeshifter takes over a space until able to be encountered.  This poses an interesting question:

Q:  Lets say for whatever reason the shapeshifter is on the Temple with no fate points.  Would a character still be able to             interect with he temple if they landed on the space.  I would say yes.

4)  Djinn Sultan,  he will be one of the more powerful strangers in the game and potentially a game changer to encounter.

5)  Inferno Spear,   very powerful.  A new first rate magic weapon.  The new BURN mechanic is interesting as it completely         removes a card from the game.

6)  Winter Oil  I love the mechanic on this card about buying it from the Alchemist, gives him a new use in relation to this expansion, it will also act as a catalyst for PC skullduggery as they fight over it's possession.

7) Spreading Flames  The great fire of London comes to Talisman!  This will be a laugh.  I like the way that it's design totally prevents access to the corner expansions and inner region and turns the board into a big arena of tactical movement survival.  

Looking forward to this expansion, though I would like to play it on it's own apart from the other small box sets to get a grip on it's true challenge

#14 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

More news.... plus a peek at the Jin Blooded and the Nomad!

http://fantasyflight...s.asp?eidn=4654

#15 Quartzquiz

Quartzquiz

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

The Nomad has just become one of my new favorite characters. Seriously, she's mega powerful!

• adjogi likes this

#16 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

Continuing to look cool...., ummm, hot, no, make that FIERY!

As I mentioned before, it does seem that the harsher-themed expansion will put a bit of balance to the easier expansions of Highlands (lots of easy loot) and the City (lots of easy purchases to give strength; power).

Although some will / choose/ favor playing with some expansions, to me, in the use of all/most this will definitely set the balance with the previous easier sets.

We always play with all sets. Yeah, its a lot of Adventure cards to shuffle, but that's life. Random factors mean anything can happen, and we like that in a game.

• adjogi and Hunter Smith like this

#17 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

Agree with Quartzquiz, I do.  ^_^

The ability to stay in a space an extra turn is brilliant (think pool of life, stream of knowledge etc)

The ability to not have to encounter a space is just sweet  (think desert - plus any other spaces that are turned into deserts! - chasm etc)

Hearts will be broken all across the land  around the dining room table when another player draws her!

• Quartzquiz likes this

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

http://www.njtalisma...onstersandmagic

#18 Croonos

Croonos

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:36 AM

WOW! The Firelands expansion is already shipping straight from the printer! That is the power of Ifrit to skip the ship! So, prepare for the real damage across the land in few days...

#19 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

Well, it looks like there are some retailers online that have the Firelands expansion and are ready to ship! There are several sellers on

http://www.ebay.co.uk/

and FRP games have confirmed with me they have it in stock and ready to go:

http://www.frpgames.com

:D 

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

http://www.njtalisma...onstersandmagic

#20 Ancient Virus

Ancient Virus

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:23 AM

My copy has arrived, can't wait to get home from work and start setting fire to the fields and plains. Very good quality (as you'd expect)

Plenty of tokens and some nice new spells. No spoliers here.
  • talismanisland likes this

On a life long Warlock Quest

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS