Very interesting cards, this new expansion seems like it will be the most dangerous and challenging yet, especially if played in isolation from any other small box set expansions. Dilution with other small box expansions would somewhat negate the threat posed by the Ifrit I think.
1) Ifrit Sultan is a well tasty challenge. If this gets drawn early when characters are relatively weak then I can see problems for survival. it would be fun watching all the PC's join together though trying to get rid of him. Spellcasters will be spellcycling like madmen looking for destruction, and others adv card cycling trying to level up or find that Djinn Sultan to get rid o him.
2) Ifrit Sheik is less dangerous but has a fun mechanic. Less of a threat with multi expansion adventure decks though. Extremely threatening if drawn with the Ifrit Sultan or early in the game before other Ifrit have been drawn.
3) Shapeshifter is, like the sheik, only a real threat if multiple fire causing ifrit are active. As a lessor effect the shapeshifter takes over a space until able to be encountered. This poses an interesting question:
Q: Lets say for whatever reason the shapeshifter is on the Temple with no fate points. Would a character still be able to interect with he temple if they landed on the space. I would say yes.
4) Djinn Sultan, he will be one of the more powerful strangers in the game and potentially a game changer to encounter.
5) Inferno Spear, very powerful. A new first rate magic weapon. The new BURN mechanic is interesting as it completely removes a card from the game.
6) Winter Oil I love the mechanic on this card about buying it from the Alchemist, gives him a new use in relation to this expansion, it will also act as a catalyst for PC skullduggery as they fight over it's possession.
7) Spreading Flames The great fire of London comes to Talisman! This will be a laugh. I like the way that it's design totally prevents access to the corner expansions and inner region and turns the board into a big arena of tactical movement survival.
Looking forward to this expansion, though I would like to play it on it's own apart from the other small box sets to get a grip on it's true challenge