Fighting Nether Torment and Nether Blight

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WombatMan

WombatMan

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

I have bought the Nether Realm expansion and have come across two cards that might cause you to be killed while also defeating the card.

The two cards are the Nether Torment and Nether Blight.

Firstly let me take the Nether Torment.

The text on the Nether Torment reads:

"Craft 5

If your attack roll is lower than the Torment's attack roll you are killed.  It will remain here until it is killed."

Take this scenario:

You are Craft 9.  Torment is Craft 5.  You roll 3 for a total of 12.  Torment rolls 6 for a total of 11.

Am I right you kill the Torment and at the same time the Torment kills you because you rolled lower than the Torment?

Now I will take the Nether Blight.

The text on the Nether Blight reads:

"Strength 6

If your attack roll is lower than the Blight's attack roll you are killed.  It will remain here until it is killed."

Take this scenario:

You are Strength 10.  Blight is Strength 6.  You roll a 3 for a total of 13.  Blight rolls a 6 for a total of 12.

Am I also right that you kill the Blight and at the same time the Blight kills you because you rolled lower than the Blight?

Regards

WombatMan

#2 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

With these two Enemies, you don't even get to the compare attack scores phase. If you roll under their attack roll, you are toast.

Same as with the Basilisk. You could 'beat' it by rolling higher, but if it rolls a double 1 (for example), you are dead.

Edited by talismanisland, 19 January 2014 - 05:48 PM.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#3 GrimGuvna

GrimGuvna

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

Talismans deadliest foes!

Game over dude!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS