Fighting multiple enemies

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 marboso

marboso

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

One of my pals told us that you fight multiple enemies differently depending on whether you draw them all together or you draw an ememy while there is already one on the space.

According to him they fight one by one in the first case whilst they fight together in the second case. I can't find a line about it in the manual but perhaps it's in a FAQ I don't know?

Perhaps someone can clarify this for us as we've used this rule for years.without really thinking about it.

#2 WombatMan

WombatMan

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

Marboso,

All strength enemies fight together no matter if they are already on the board or if you just drawn them.  If you land on a draw 2 cards space and there is already a strength enemy on that space and you draw another strength enemy to take to total to 2 cards they fight together.

The same happens if there happens to be a craft enemy on a space that instructs you to draw more than 1 card.  All craft enemies fight together as well.

Regards

WombatMan

#3 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

I wasn't gonna spend the time looking for the reference, but another post just popped up with it, so here it is:

More Than One Enemy (p10)

If there is more than one Enemy that attacks by Strength on a

space and they have the same encounter number...

-----------

My group has been playing Talisman together since the 80's and when we started playing 4th Ed, we did find the rule and thought it was new. However a couple months back I believe someone told me here this was how 2nd Ed plays as well, so we missed it years ago, along with a few other rules.

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#4 marboso

marboso

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:05 AM

Marboso,

All strength enemies fight together no matter if they are already on the board or if you just drawn them.  If you land on a draw 2 cards space and there is already a strength enemy on that space and you draw another strength enemy to take to total to 2 cards they fight together.

The same happens if there happens to be a craft enemy on a space that instructs you to draw more than 1 card.  All craft enemies fight together as well.

Regards

WombatMan

So if the tile is empty and you draw 2 enemies on a draw 2 cards space, they also fight together?

#5 Rigmaster

Rigmaster

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:36 AM

Always check the encounter number on the card. If there's already a card on the space, draw enough to fill the space instructions ( don't forget this in the city, as the wording differs from the rest of the game), otherwise draw as instructed by the space. If you've two enemies with the same encounter number they fight together. If you've other cards (events, strangers etc.) with the same encounter number, use alphabetic order.

#6 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

If you have 237 creatures with the same # they attack together. # doesn't matter that I know of...

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#7 marboso

marboso

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:19 AM

So it doesn't matter whether you draw two enemies at once or you draw a single enemy on a tile with an enemy already on it. Our games should be quite differently now.

Edited by marboso, 21 January 2014 - 03:19 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS