Photo

All of the characteristic possibilities (check my work?)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

There only appear to be 25 mathematical combinations to create human characteristics (if player arranges to their own taste).

See characteristics tab:  https://dl.dropboxus...or 1.3xlsx.xlsx

I'm doing this to create a random character generator. It's messy right now.  Steve of the Red Fez already started much of the work on this subject. Feedback is welcome for any combos you come up with that I missed.

Its a work in progress otherwise so I'll post when the version 2.0 is out :)

jh

Edited by Emirikol, 19 January 2014 - 08:15 PM.

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

EDIT:  later version

Edited by Emirikol, 19 January 2014 - 06:17 PM.

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

chart:

wfrp3%20characteristic%20combos%20chart.

Edited by Emirikol, 19 January 2014 - 07:14 PM.

#4 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:44 AM

There only appear to be 25 mathematical combinations to create human characteristics (if player arranges to their own taste).

Shouldn't there be many more? Depending on how many creation points do you want to spend?

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

No, the number sets for characteristics are quite limited:  13-25 points.  When I first did the sets, I realized I had repeated the number sets, but in different orders.  

There 16 possible combinations for WSTA scores (but up to only 12 points used), and this, and all other factors create additional variables to characters (human race, career, which actions/talents/skills taken, etc.)

This theoretically should make character generation a LOT easier though (in EITHER order):

* Pick a characteristic set

* spend your WSTA points

[There are only 1 or 2 sets which were dependent upon position of primary or secondary characteristics, and they seem to fall in the 25 point category]

Now that these are available, a true random character generator is possible without all the extended math. (Sadly, this is beyond my capabilities as a non-programmer)

Edited by Emirikol, 20 January 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#6 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

Just another option on this chart:

Take 4 d4's and roll them to determine your WSTA scores randomly

Total them up and see how many options you have for characteristics

Roll randomly for characterstic set.

Assign to taste

Theoretically, you could roll random talents and random actions as well and probably come up with some pretty interesting character ideas.

Note, I didn't do the non-humans, as their combinations will take a moment for me to wrap my head around.

They essentially are calculated with 26 27 or 28 points compared to humans.  This is because they raise zero, one or both of their career skills from 3 to 4, depending on how they line up.

jh

Edited by Emirikol, 01 February 2014 - 11:55 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS